Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Successful commercial flights Grand Tetons National Park?

justcruisin

Reaction score
Hello,

Has anyone been successful applying for a commercial shoot in Grand Tetons National Park?

cheers!

Last edited:
I don't know about Grand Tetons but I had to go to the park superintendent in Yosemite Park, show proof of insurance (1 mil minimum), License, show a detailed flight plan. Was denied any area's of heavy tourist activity. Was given an exact time window for my flights and was observed by rangers.

Good Luck

Just finished one for Mesa Verdes National Park's new visitor center's video. It took a lot of paperwork, and a Blue Drone. We flew the Skydio X2 Color, which they graciously supplied. They also sent out two Skydio employees to help me with any questions I had during the flights.

Reactions: Skycam509
I don't know about Grand Tetons but I had to go to the park superintendent in Yosemite Park, show proof of insurance (1 mil minimum), License, show a detailed flight plan. Was denied any area's of heavy tourist activity. Was given an exact time window for my flights and was observed by rangers.

Good Luck
Was it for editorial use or commercial/business/advertising use? And did they charge you a fee?

Was it for editorial use or commercial/business/advertising use? And did they charge you a fee?
No it was for photo ops. I wanted to fly off of Glacier Point but that wasn't allowed. Went into the back country and was allowed to fly pretty much anywhere I wanted. Flying anywhere around the village was prohibited. In Yosemite once you get away from the tourist areas your pretty much alone and that presents some great photo ops.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeremy