Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Taking my part 107 test Saturday morning!

Bob

Reaction score
I used the Gold Seal ground school online and it was very easy to understand and I got great service from them when I asked questions via email. I am set up to take the exam in the morning and can't wait. I am a little nervous because of the word "TEST", I think...lol

Don't be nervous, you have plenty of time, just read, read, and read the questions. They can be a bit tricky in the wording. Bring a magnifying glass with you as well, you will need one for the Sectionals. Good Luck

Good luck Bob, I hope you do well. I'm still going through material with RemotePilot101 and still have to schedule my test. I have to fly to another Island (Oahu) to take the test, but that's the price of living in the islands -- dealing with some limitations. I've been doing well with the online quizzes and practice tests, so I'm hoping that bodes well for me with the actual test.

How did you do Bob? I test Monday morning. Im mostly nervous about the airspaces. The other areas I think I have down pretty well.

How did you do Bob? I test Monday morning. Im mostly nervous about the airspaces. The other areas I think I have down pretty well.

I believe he passed. On my test there were only a couple of airspace questions such as a given coordinate and what airspace was it in. They have such a large pool of questions it is hard to say what you may get. That is why you need a strong foundation so you can sort it out. Don't try to memorize answers to questions. It doesn't work. Good luck.

Reactions: BigAl07
I believe he passed. ....
You are correct. Here's his post from another thread:
I took an passed my 107 this morning!

....That is why you need a strong foundation so you can sort it out. Don't try to memorize answers to questions. It doesn't work. Good luck.

^^^^^^ @Rodger Best answer of the day. That's why you learn the subject matter as opposed to learning "how to pass the test". We need to know this stuff for Real World Scenarios not just a one-time test and done.

Passed mine this morning! I totally agree on knowing the subject matter, and I know reading through it will be a continuation process for me. Even the couple questions I got wrong bother me now, I want to have a solid knowledge of all of it!
Congratulations to you Bob, if you see this post.

You are correct. Here's his post from another thread:

^^^^^^ @Rodger Best answer of the day. That's why you learn the subject matter as opposed to learning "how to pass the test". We need to know this stuff for Real World Scenarios not just a one-time test and done.

Actually I found it very interesting and I pulled a lot of my studies. Still have a long way to go yet. I am convinced that you cannot go in there unprepared. You have to know your stuff.

Definitely, its basically an abbreviated Private pilots test (no offense to those who have taken that test, just using that to stress the difficulty level).
The lady even asked me if I studied. She said many have come in already thinking it was easy and didn't even come close.

Passed mine this morning! I totally agree on knowing the subject matter, and I know reading through it will be a continuation process for me. Even the couple questions I got wrong bother me now, I want to have a solid knowledge of all of it!
Congratulations to you Bob, if you see this post.

Good going. I took a course in 2016 and received my license in 2017. I am not stopping there though. I just signed up with Gold Seal to continue my education. My renewal will be in 2019.

Now you have to be vetted by the TSA and once that clears you will receive your license. IN this day and age all of your paper work, test, application, etc is still done by a human examiner at the FAA. They are very serious about this stuff. You will see the actual certificate in the mail in about 2 months from now.

Edit: I stopped by a local sand and stone operation trying to get some mapping work. The manager said he was waiting for the arrival of a Phantom that afternoon to do his own photos and mapping. I told him that he needed a Part 107 Certificate if he was going to use the photos for his sand and stone operation. He said, "I'll send away for one" I left.

Last edited:
Definitely, its basically an abbreviated Private pilots test (no offense to those who have taken that test, just using that to stress the difficulty level).
The lady even asked me if I studied. She said many have come in already thinking it was easy and didn't even come close.

Yes, an abbreviated Pilots Ground School, same book with your sectionals and METARS and TAFS. When I took mine the lady said don't worry it isn't the end of the world, you can always take it again. When she pulled up my score at the end of the test she said "not to shabby" a 90. I told her I studied until I was saturated. she said it shows.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM