Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Teachable Moment #5

Outta Control

Reaction score
Website
www.hoveranalytics.com
Here is an interesting video that baffled me a little until my buddy Jon McBride gave some insight.

What is happening here is as the motors cool the thermal sensor doesn't take much to sense the changes in temperature.

As such he call the "Delta-T".

Enjoy...Stay Hungry for knowledge my friends.

The heat from the engines is capable of heating the landing pad?

Are DJI motors and ESC that have ventilation at the bottom?

The heat from the engines is capable of heating the landing pad?

Are DJI motors and ESC that have ventilation at the bottom?

No they don’t but what is happening is the thermal sensor is reacting to the heat emitted but the motor as it slowly fills the associated area of the drone which is the mat. Rest assured when the sensor engages a calibration called the FFC (flat field correction) the color will readjust to the norm.

It gets complicated. More factors than environmental factors must be taken into account :rolleyes:

In the other post and here you talk about Delta-T, I didn't know what it was and I searched. I hope this video serves someone who like me didn't know what it was.

Reactions: Outta Control
My C2 frequently does a FFC when I scan around. What is the trigger for a FFC? How will the behavior of the FFC of my handheld as I scan a room differ from when I user something like a ViewPro?

Mine does too and this is normal to refresh itself. I believe the trigger time for such a small sensor would be more frequent.

On a sUAS, it acts similar but it does have a larger sensor and it also does a timed FFC but there is the option to manually execute the FFC if need to.

Mine does too and this is normal to refresh itself. I believe the trigger time for such a small sensor would be more frequent.

On a sUAS, it acts similar but it does have a larger sensor and it also does a timed FFC but there is the option to manually execute the FFC if need to.

That function is when the camera makes that mechanical noise, right?

I had to look into it because I thought it was broken. I found the option to do it manually and that's when I realized it was "normal. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanzFPV