Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Teachable Moments #4

In general, yes but in a technical nature, it will reflect the sky regardless if it is day, night, or cloudy condition. Thus why an experienced thermographer, should be able to identify and isolate reflections out of the equation.

It would be the same.

you are welcome. I hope you realize that asking these types of question you can have a fairly good understanding of thermography.
Now we are accustom to visible light imaging and need to adjust exposure in order to get an accurate image and it appears the animal is well "exposed" for thermal accuracy.Is there an exposure setting that might render the water at a different colour even though the water hasn't changed temperature?
Or is this purely a case of some kind of thermal reflection? If so is it that water reflects more than shows it's true thermal value ( the animal seems to be accurate)
Ah sorry, I'm going on .It maybe next lesson.
Thanks again

Super cool post! Much respect!
Can I still disagree a bit?
Looks like the "wake" is just being recognized as the water's actual temp since it's no longer flat. The turbulent water doesn't reflect the sky's temp anymore, so you're getting closer to true water temp. The fur/oil is an insulation system. Animals like this are in the business of trapping heat rather than distributing it. I don't think any equation would work out that allows this animal to heat up the ocean.

Thank you and Yes you could disagree.

I never claim to be the master of anything, just experienced.

To answer your question there is one thing I did not mention is what we call a "Delta-T" this happens when the sensor picks up a sudden change is the measured view, and that is what your are seeing.

Reflective surfaces, especially bent in a convex shape will still reflect that is why it is a bit more difficult to do thermography on the sUAS due to its ability to be very mobile at different altitude.

Wait for the next, I promise you it will make sense.

:)

Thank you and Yes you could disagree.

I never claim to be the master of anything, just experienced.

To answer your question there is one thing I did not mention is what we call a "Delta-T" this happens when the sensor picks up a sudden change is the measured view, and that is what your are seeing.

Reflective surfaces, especially bent in a convex shape will still reflect that is why it is a bit more difficult to do thermography on the sUAS due to its ability to be very mobile at different altitude.

Wait for the next, I promise you it will make sense.

:)

I can't wait, LOL.

Totally jealous of the wildlife interactions, too!! How cool is that scene? To actually be there on the coast...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanzFPV