Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Tello for indoor pictures

Hawkeye

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used a DJI Tello drone for indoor inspections pictures for a client? Just wondering how the video and picture quality would be.

We have flown a pair of Tello indoor for training but the image quality was pretty low TBH. I don't know what the sensor specs are but both video and stills were not what I would call "acceptable" for paying clients.

Has anyone ever used a DJI Tello drone for indoor inspections pictures for a client? Just wondering how the video and picture quality would be.
Thanks for the info. I'm flying a M2P now on a large construction site, inside and out. I thought maybe a Tello may be able to maneuver a little better inside the warehouse, but if the video and pic quality is not there I'll just stick to my M2P.

The images that the Tello provides indoors under lower light level (even well lit indoor) are substandard and completely unacceptable for anything other than personal use just for fun...which is what the Tello does in spades...

Theyre not “bad” images, just not at the level you need.

Tello.jpg

The video is terrible Indoors.....

Reactions: Hawkeye
The images that the Tello provides indoors under lower light level (even well lit indoor) are substandard and completely unacceptable for anything other than personal use just for fun...which is what the Tello does in spades...

Theyre not “bad” images, just not at the level you need.

View attachment 2721

The video is terrible Indoors.....
Thanks for the demo pic!

Reactions: Fred Garvin
You could go with a Spark, fairly cheap used these days with the mini taking over the entry level.
I need something small to fly through warehouses and assembly lines. You think the camera on the mini would give me good enough images and video for something like that?

I need something small to fly through warehouses and assembly lines. You think the camera on the mini would give me good enough images and video for something like that?

We use a Spark for smaller areas but fly the Mavic Platinum in everything else. You just gotta be on your A-Game because you're flying without GPS etc. No big deal you just gotta stay on the controls and be easy on the stick input.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM