Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

The Liability Scam

Does anyone know why people are against Verifly? I really like just buying insurance per job as I am starting out. Obviously if it turns into something bigger the $10/Hour would not be the most economical idea.
If you're just starting out or only doing a flight or two a month, and your clients accept it, I think Verify makes a lot of sense. Once your volume goes up, you want to remove the hassle and just be able to fly any time knowing that you're insured. Also if you hire other pilots that fly your aircraft for your company, you may not want to rely on verifly. IMHO

I just filled out the application at the link that Dave provided above for the AMA insurance for $1,000,000.00 Liability and $1,000.00 hull coverage. It came back at $570 (not bad at all). Does anyone know if being an AMA member gives you a better rate?

I thought it said that membership is not required on the application, but after looking at it again said membership is not required to get a quote. And on the quote it says it is a special price for members, so it looks like you can get a quote, but to actually purchase the insurance you have to become a member. Thanks Dave, you are correct, I had to read it more closely.

You're welcome, Mike. Right now I am using Verifly. If my activity picks up in the Spring, I will most likely be giving the AMA policy a try.

The AMA is now offering Commercial liability policies that insure the pilot and not the particular UAV. You can get hull insurance which is tied to the model, but the liability coverage is much more fair. More Pressure !!
AMA Commercial Insurance

Dave, thanks for bringing this time my attention. I have recently ran into some problems with the company deciding it would "self-insure" and will look into this immediately. Again, thank you.

Reactions: BigAl07
What’s really aggravating are the quotes for sUAS liability policies are typically much higher for the same coverage than they would be for someone insuring their full scale Cessna 150 being used for flight training. Every quote I’ve received has been higher than a quote for a full scale light aircraft.

we won’t even begin to talk about hull and payload coverage. With an annual rate coming close to equaling half the value of the covered items it’s hard to justify, and restricts our ability to upgrade or expand our equipment.

Government mandated, assured profit programs. There’s no insurance involved, just payment assurance if snd when all the fine print was complied with. Helmet and seatbelt laws were little more that profit boosters for insurance companies as nobody’s rates declined after their passage. The same applies to airbag and auto structural modifications for crash worthiness. Whether you live or die is of little concern, only reducing the claim payout. Just another “too big to fail” scam.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905