Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

The official DJI phantom vs BlackHawk findings

I see the movement in the FAA to grow with the Industry
LAANC will be huge when fully implemented, their new DroneZone effort could be very helpful if they stay with it.
Their facebook page sort of fizzled.

I still think we are missing a really good trade organization.

I personally don't know how people trust expensive gear out of their site. But then again, a lot of what is flying out there now is not all that expensive

To some people, it's not expensive. This guy had already replaced one aircraft that he had lost or crashed. He assumed this one was lost in the ocean and was just going to go buy another one.

Me personally, I was ticked when my $300 P3S refurb wandered off on a journey of self-discovery .... I can't imagine how I'd feel if I lost my P4P.

To some people, it's not expensive. This guy had already replaced one aircraft that he had lost or crashed. He assumed this one was lost in the ocean and was just going to go buy another one.

Me personally, I was ticked when my $300 P3S refurb wandered off on a journey of self-discovery .... I can't imagine how I'd feel if I lost my P4P.
It's a consumable tool. Some just need to be replaced sooner than others. If you can't afford to replace one, you probably shouldn't be flying one. Every professional has backup equipment. Serious amateurs should, too! :cool:

Reactions: BigAl07
It's a consumable tool. Some just need to be replaced sooner than others. If you can't afford to replace one, you probably shouldn't be flying one. Every professional has backup equipment. Serious amateurs should, too! :cool:

Trust me, the drone is the least expensive tool in my photography business. LOL And yes, I have backups for everything. If I show up and drop a camera, I'm ticked, but I grab my backup and keep shooting.

I was merely trying to point out that the guy in the article was flying as a hobbyist, and seemed very nonchalant about replacing drones every time he lost one.

Trust me, the drone is the least expensive tool in my photography business. LOL And yes, I have backups for everything. If I show up and drop a camera, I'm ticked, but I grab my backup and keep shooting.

I was merely trying to point out that the guy in the article was flying as a hobbyist, and seemed very nonchalant about replacing drones every time he lost one.
Far more money is spent on hobbies than on business tools! The want factor trumps the need factor when there is no budget and no profit requirement. :cool:

I really was not specifically talking about that one incident. I see folks doing long range on all sorts of rigs. Its almost junkie behavior
Not letting mine out of my or spotters site

I really was not specifically talking about that one incident. I see folks doing long range on all sorts of rigs. Its almost junkie behavior
Not letting mine out of my or spotters site
You prefer watching the demise in person? If there is a catastrophic failure, watching it in person won't change anything, other than aid in retrieval of the wreckage, and perhaps put you and your crew at risk. I was directly underneath one of mine when the battery shut off at 200 feet, and plumetted onto concrete just 20 feet from me! I would much rather that had happened out of my sight elsewhere! :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boduku