Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

The Things you find from the air.

The scuttlebutt has it that this is a licensed farm. What I'm confused by; my wife said the Feds can still bust them under federal charges even though they are legal in California. That seems strange that they Feds could do that.
Reality is there are also many meth labs in these foothills and the people the operate them aren't very nice people.
What I have found with a drone, if done properly the target property never knows your there. Technique that seems to work best is to stay down wind, at about 400 feet with an appropriate lens, and that is where the Inspire 2 and X5 or X7 camera shines.

Reactions: Gcarb63
The scuttlebutt has it that this is a licensed farm. What I'm confused by; my wife said the Feds can still bust them under federal charges even though they are legal in California. That seems strange that they Feds could do that.
Reality is there are also many meth labs in these foothills and the people the operate them aren't very nice people.
What I have found with a drone, if done properly the target property never knows your there. Technique that seems to work best is to stay down wind, at about 400 feet with an appropriate lens, and that is where the Inspire 2 and X5 or X7 camera shines.
Confirmed it is a licensed grow operation. Your wife is correct - Though 'legal' in CA the Feds can intervene if they feel it is necessary. Please be careful in the foothills. Though this kind of exploration is interesting, it isn't worth becoming the focus of the wrong personalities.

Best

H6

Reactions: R.Perry
THE monkey wrench in the whole thing. Once federal law can align with the current trends in state/local, Big Banking can jump in the mix. Once this happens, Big Pot will surpass the Dutch East Indies of centuries past.

Reactions: R.Perry
Confirmed it is a licensed grow operation. Your wife is correct - Though 'legal' in CA the Feds can intervene if they feel it is necessary. Please be careful in the foothills. Though this kind of exploration is interesting, it isn't worth becoming the focus of the wrong personalities.

Best

H6
Not to worry, I know who the bad guys are in these mountains, and I stay clear of them. Both my wife and I have our conceal carry permits but that don't mean much other than a sense of security, and that might be a false sense though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM