Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

thermal commercial roof scans?

JDL

Reaction score
If any one is doing this currently, I would be interested in getting some feedback. I'm currently working on building my product to promote using thermal for commercial roof scans to locate anomalies. Love to hear what anyone is doing.

Reaction score
Website
www.dallasdroneguy.com
A moisture survey of existing conditions is REQUIRED by all commercial roof system manufacturers before issuing a warranty for a roof overlay using their product. This is to prevent sealing moisture within the roof assembly under the new roof. I say all this to point out that roofing contractors and commercial roof consultants (that's me) are a good place to start when drumming up work. They have several options of which an aerial thermal scan is one. As far as learning technically how to perform this service, i'd recommend you educate yourself quite a bit before having a conversation with potential clients. It is not as simple as it may seem. In what region are you located and what thermal setup do you have?

JDL

Reaction score
Pennsylvania, took the level 1 suas course, autel evo 2 dual ( FLIR boson 640x512), been doing several test runs on two local commercial buildings with permission, so far the sensor has quickly picked up obvious anomalies rubber roofing.

Reaction score
Website
www.dallasdroneguy.com
Pennsylvania, took the level 1 suas course, autel evo 2 dual ( FLIR boson 640x512), been doing several test runs on two local commercial buildings with permission, so far the sensor has quickly picked up obvious anomalies rubber roofing.
Ah, a LOT of EPDM up there. So you're a Level 1 Thermographer!? Nice; you are way ahead of the game already. My turn to ask you for advice. Was it online and how much did it cost? I haven't gotten an employer to pay for it, so I still havent acheived the cert. It is something like $3k each time I have looked into it. I fly Matrice M200 with the Flir XT2.

TreeLineView

DSAR Member
Reaction score
I got my Level 1 three years ago from Flir at their site in Manchester, NH. Bill Schwan is one of the leaders in the Industry and taught my class. Believe he is working on a Level 2 class now. I spent a year learning on my own before taking the class. There is a lot to learn before you can properly interpret Thermograms with the confidence to put you name to it. Feel free to PM me. I do quite a few commercial low pitch and flat roofs annually. Glad to share my experience.

Dwarkentin

Reaction score
Hi. I am a level 1 thermographer with an Evo @. I am looking at commercial roof scanning as well. I would love to interact with you and maybe lkearn some things about how to proceed. I also own a GPR services company.

Hawaii Drone Imaging

Reaction score
Website
www.hawaiidroneimaging.com
@Hawkwind I also have the EVO Dual 640R. The app has its own mission planning software which will allow you to plan missions and let the drone carry them out. You can also pre download maps of an area and set your mission in case you are in an area with little or no reception from you phone or pad.

I pointed out some other features in a post I replied to here:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mediacom