Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Titles

Ive been struggling with that too Michael. I started out with the same as you, but I'm starting to thing this sounds/looks better: FAA Licensed sUAV Pilot

I’ve followed several commercial operators to see what titles they use in their signature blocks or business cards. What does yours say? I use “FAA Certificated Drone Pilot” on my cards.

Photographer.

I don't know why I would want to identify myself as a "pilot." I'm not selling services as a pilot but as a photographer.

Ive been struggling with that too Michael. I started out with the same as you, but I'm starting to thing this sounds/looks better: FAA Licensed sUAV Pilot
I don’t know and that was number two on my list but checking with different flight schools they responded that the term “certificated” was more appropriate. I tend to agree after looking at the details

the FAA does not license “photographers” I am speaking about the FAA.

You asked what title others use on business cards and marketing materials. IMHO, placing an importance on being a "pilot licensed by the FAA" is not that compelling to prospective customers. I think it misses the point.

Last edited:
Well heck! <fumbles in desk drawer looking for card>
Flash Alexander
Owner
NoCo Drones
Phone
Website

I think I should have put in "FAA Licensed". I expect by now prospective clients, especially in real estate, have or will learn that one needs to be licensed to do these gigs. At my high prices I want the client to have confidence that any product delivered will be unencumbered with regards to legality. Does that make sense?

On the business card I have Principal/PIC.
On the website FAA Certified sUAS Pilot

Well heck! <fumbles in desk drawer looking for card>
Flash Alexander
Owner
NoCo Drones
Phone
Website

I think I should have put in "FAA Licensed". I expect by now prospective clients, especially in real estate, have or will learn that one needs to be licensed to do these gigs. At my high prices I want the client to have confidence that any product delivered will be unencumbered with regards to legality. Does that make sense?
The OP has the technically correct term. The FAA does not "license" pilots- everything the FAA does is through certification. You are an "FAA Certified Drone Pilot".

Which title/service description does the market respond best to? What services are they soliciting? Do they know that FAA is the Federal Aviation Administration, or do we just assume they do? Should there be separate business cards for roof inspection, real estate videography/photography, mapping, thermal imaging etc...?
BTW passed my Part 107 today. The money should start rolling in any day now.

As for business cards I would think it is more important to highlight the market you are going after. The job I'm on only cared that I was licensed and insured, they were more concerned about what I knew about construction, and job site safety. Since I had been doing home and commercial inspections that is what was the focus on my business card, the 107 cert was in small print. I'm also a license pilot but I seen no reason to include that because it has nothing to do with my business.

I'm also a license pilot but I seen no reason to include that because it has nothing to do with my business.

Exactly!!

Plus your business card is a "reminder" so they can get more information on you later. It should be minimal yet eye pleasing and point to your website/FB/IG where they can learn more about you.

Reactions: Outta Control
Good points but it is common practice for people to put Degrees, Licenses and Certifications on their business cards. For example, Engineers usually indicate that they have a PE.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerardH143