Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

TnDronePilot TnDronePilot Thread watched Is ADS-B smarter with the Matrice vs Mavics?

GsquaredAerials

Reaction score
I was just burning off some battery levels with the 30T and a small plane flew right over my neighborhood at about 800-1000 AGL. Since I got no warnings on the controller, is ADS-B Airsense smarter with the Matrice where there's a minimum range before the notifications start popping off? My Mavics drones give warning for aircraft flying thousands of feet above my area and usually more than a mile or more away.

Reactions: SkyTec
I was just burning off some battery levels with the 30T and a small plane flew right over my neighborhood at about 800-1000 AGL. Since I got no warnings on the controller, is ADS-B Airsense smarter with the Matrice where there's a minimum range before the notifications start popping off? My Mavics drones give warning for aircraft flying thousands of feet above my area and usually more than a mile or more away.
Apparently, ADS-B transmitters are still not required for all aircraft - especially GA aircraft. I've noticed the same thing - only sometimes do I get warnings on the controller. When I checked, in Canada here, they have a planned roll-out for all aircraft to start in 2026 so we definitely can't rely on our drones/controllers to warn us of approaching aircraft.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164