Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

To Infinity and Beyond

RenoAndy

Reaction score
Website
www.renouav.us
As an engineer and technologist , I just had to get my hands dirty with learning more about this emerging UAV technology about a year ago.

I am very excited to see companies like these take on the risks to prove UAV technologies and applications.
==============================
For the benefit to some of you that may not have been aware of this recent news:

Ocean Infinity’s announcement to search for Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370
on 10/JAN/2018 may result in a complete shift to advancements in UAV systems and advanced capabilities.
Ocean Infinity, the technology company specializing in collecting high resolution geophysical seabed data, confirms that its proposal to continue the search for the missing Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 has been accepted by the Government of Malaysia.

Ocean Infinity’s search will focus initially on the zone identified by the Australian Transport Safety Bureau. The vessel, Seabed Constructor, is now close to the search area, which will enable work to commence imminently. The project is expected to last for 90 days.

Ocean Infinity will take on the economic risk of the renewed search, only receiving payment if the aircraft wreckage is located.

Ocean Infinity can use up to eight Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs), capable of operating in water depths from 5 meters to 6,000 meters. The AUVs are “free flying”, which means they will not be tethered to the offshore vessel during operations. The ability to operate untethered independent missions allows the AUVs to go deeper and collect higher quality data, making this technology ideal for the search.

The AUVs will be equipped with side scan sonar, multi-beam echosounder, sub-bottom profiler, HD camera, conductivity/temperature/depth sensor, self-compensating magnetometer, synthetic aperture sonar and a turbidity sensor.

Further announcements will be made in due course.

Dock-2.jpg

I will be following this endeavor very closely : REF: Ocean Infinity to continue search for Missing Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 - Ocean Infinity

Fully autonomous submarine missions without umbilical cord :eek:. Sounds really good :)

A few days ago, when we heard about the rescue of the teenagers in Australia I thought, soon we will have drones patrolling our beaches totally autonomous with recognition algorithms in the images that are able to detect a bathing in distress and deploy the lifeguard them alone while issuing an alert. It is not unreasonable to think about it by looking at how technology advances and, above all, how more and more practical applications are emerging from UAVs.

A few days ago, when we heard about the rescue of the teenagers in Australia I thought, soon we will have drones patrolling our beaches totally autonomous with recognition algorithms in the images that are able to detect a bathing in distress and deploy the lifeguard them alone while issuing an alert. It is not unreasonable to think about it by looking at how technology advances and, above all, how more and more practical applications are emerging from UAVs.

I agree. In addition, uas could recognize sharks in the vicinity of bathing beaches and transmit their location to life guards on shore.

sharks28.jpg

I read this article earlier. In this case it is an application for search and rescue of people. But in principle it is understood that the application itself recognizes the victims and sends the location and images for study automatically.

In Australia, which are well advanced in sharks, a similar system if it is not, will soon be.

DJI And DroneSAR Bring Search And Rescue App To First Responders

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM