Trade Shows

amcgibbon

Reaction score
There are two trade shows coming up in Las Vegas. They are:

Interdrone
Sep 3-6

Commercial UAV Expos America
Oct 28-30

Does anyone have experience with either of these shows? I am an architectural and real estate photographer and I am always interested in learning more and staying on top of the latest UAV developments. Do you have any recommendations on which show would be better to attend? I can't do both.

Thanks in advance.

I speak any both shows, I have a booth at both shows, I have been attending both shows since they started 5 years ago. InterDrone is very consumer friendly and forward facing. The venders and speakers tend to target the extreme enthusiast, and the start up or small business owner or people such as yourself that like to add "drones" to their current work flow. The Commercial Drone Expo is just as it sounds. It tends to target bigger companies and people who are already using drone in their existing businesses. InterDrone has more connections to photography and videography. I have been doing a Videography Seminar called Drones Over Hollywood since the show started 5 years ago. The Commercial Drone Expo on acknowledged photography as a "drone commercial enterprise" a couple years ago. The Commercial Drone Expo was mostly mapping, surveying, first responder kind of show. If you can do both, do both. As a Photographer do InterDrone.

Reactions: makneyse
I’ve also been to and exhibited at both shows, and agree with Skiptv’s assessment. The one thing I’ll add is that if you only have funds for one show a year, consider the grand-daddy of them all: AUVSI Xponential, held in the spring. 2020 is in Boston. It is dramatically bigger than either of the others - also is focused on commercial (and some defense) not hobby market.

I'm going to the UAV in October 28-30, 2019. If anyone up here in Northern California wants to go, I have two seats left on the plane, we are splitting costs.

Dang, flying twin or single? IFR , VFR or better yet NOE?
I would pay extra for right seat!, but I'm here in Florida.:(

It's and older 402 Cessna, weather permitting I fly VFR, but always file a flight plan. Have few MOA areas in route. It just avoids dealing with the airlines getting through security. Est cost per seat max $180.00 round trip.

Wow, great price!
Back when, I was obtaining my twin, Cessna 320 N6160Q. Loved that twin!:cool:
Prior to that, certified mountain flying out of Butts Army Air Field Colorado, Cessna T-41B N5384:cool:
Also B24R N6575R, this also one of my favorites.:cool:

I've done a lot of flying over the Sierras, and Rockies, lots of fun on hot summer days with the thermals.

Reactions: AH-1G
On our way to Leadville then over to Aspen we got caught with Leeward winds, I knew they were there by the lenticular clouds, it was a matter of when we would get slammed, and boy did we!

Lot of pilots have been killed getting around those high winds in the mountains. If I have high temps and high winds I really avoid the higher elevations. AH, do you hang out on any of the aviation forums?

?.
AH-1G Cobra Crew Chief, I'm wearing my flight uni, later we went down range horsing around, me flying front seat.
First picture; Bivouac in Boise, first 19 days no showers, YUK! we were playing with rockets. where my face isn't is the battery compartment.
Our duty station is Ft. Carson Colorado
Got out of the Army in 77.

Second photo
I bought a Piper Cherokee 140, lost every picture except this one.
I asked my dad to do something, but I forgot what it was?
1976 Bosie Idaho Bivouac.pngimg20181120_09480049.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StewR