Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Transferring CinemaDNG and ProRes Licensing

Florida Drone Supply

Reaction score
Transferring your CinemaDNG and Apple ProRes licensing appears to be getting easier. You have to own 2 Inspire 2's with licensing on one of them. The process involves calling DJI, we contacted them by using their USA phone number. Before you call, have the aircraft serial numbers written down and be prepared to connect both Inspires to the Assistant 2 App. You will have to have a good reason for doing this and possibly have a bill of sale for both and be ready to share these with DJI.

This process can take a couple of days, so do not start it on a Thursday or Friday like I did especially if you have a job that requires this licensing!! You will call them and give them the info they require. They will send you an email asking for 1 additional piece of information, after that is provided they will send you an activation code for you to use when you activate your licensing in the Assistant 2 app on the new recipient aircraft. After that, start up your I2 with an SSD and SD card installed and verify that all is working.

I hope this helps and answers some questions regarding licensing transfers.

Jim

Reactions: BigAl07
I just attempted to speak to DJI about this. Stone walled.

He refused to listen.

I need my CinemaDNG license transferred to a new drone. I have a very good reason, the old one is not operational...

Reactions: SanCap
I just attempted to speak to DJI about this. Stone walled.

He refused to listen.

I need my CinemaDNG license transferred to a new drone. I have a very good reason, the old one is not operational...

Currently they will only do this if they have seen and have possession of your current damaged beyond repair I2 and are purchasing a new one or refurbished unit. Back when the Florida Drone Supply post was made they were more amiable about transferring licensing. Those days are gone. Things change rapidly and my statements may not be what DJI's policy is today.

Currently they will only do this if they have seen and have possession of your current damaged beyond repair I2 and are purchasing a new one or refurbished unit. Back when the Florida Drone Supply post was made they were more amiable about transferring licensing. Those days are gone. Things change rapidly and my statements may not be what DJI's policy is today.

Thank you for your response. I do have the drone and I do have a new unit. I will try again, but I hear what you're saying and again thank you!

Jason

Reactions: SanCap

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kueaue