Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

TripleTek 8 won't connect to Drone

TreeLineView

DSAR Member
Reaction score
Just got my new TripleTek 8 screen. Downloaded DJiGo4 app and Pilot app to use with Matrice 200. Can't connect to drone. Using the USBC cable that came with the screen. Probably some type of permissions issue. Gave app permissions to use location, storage and map while running. I'm not an Android guy, so hoping someone might have an easy permissions fix.
Happy Thanksgiving

Update: After many attempts to re-launch both the latest version of Go4 App and Pilot App, I noticed I was getting a quick popup to give the app automatic access to the Inspire 1. It was only for a second then it would go away. I opened the about/Version screen and the popup paused. I was able to check the box and always allow if Inspire 1 needed access. As soon as I did that, both apps are now connecting. All menus seem to be working in both apps. Peripherals connected and tested are X4s and XT2. Both seem good to go. Also installed the latest version of DroneDeploy. I'll fly some missions in the next couple of days and provide update. Oh the screen is amazing and tablet is super fast.
If all works, I will be selling my 7.8 Crystal Sky with two batteries. In excellent shape.

Reactions: tleedom
Got out for a few flights with the new Tripltek 8 today. The initial issue from above returned during testing. Just the Pilot app. Go4 and DroneDeploy worked well. Dug into the upgrade notes and found that the M200 V1 will not work on Pilot apps newer that V 1.7.2. Installed that version and mapping missions with XT2 were as expected. Installed anti-glare screen on the tablet. It does cut down on the clarity of the screen resolution, but worked great in direct sunlight. Have a temp resolution for screen mount until I can find something more permeant. Also installed all my peripheral apps without issue. Actively using it for about 4 hours + tinkering over the past 24 hours. Used 25percent of battery which was fully charged. Happy so far.
Side note. Wife saw it on the kitchen table this am and picked up, installed a couple games and disappeared with if for an hour. Just added a screen lock.

Attachments

• IMG_1410.JPG
    IMG_1410.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1411.JPG
    IMG_1411.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I recently purchased the Tripltek 8 also. I have found it to be stable while using the go 4 app and Dronelink while flying the MP2. It appears the battery will last all day and then some without the need to recharge or change batteries.

I appreciate the update to the 8 pro the other day to stop the rc charging the remote. Otherwise I have had no issues with dji fly, go 4, and dronedeploy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mneeze