Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

UAS pilot participants sought for research survey

AEON Okstate

Reaction score
Dear pilots and UAV operators,

My name is JW Wallace and I am a master’s student working with Dr. Nicoletta Fala at the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at Oklahoma State University. Our research aims to improve weather product accuracy and availability. We are seeking your input on how you use weather products in your flying and your satisfaction with existing weather products.

This survey will ask you questions about your awareness and usage of weather products, which weather elements affect you most in your operations, and how well weather products meet your information needs with respect to specific weather elements. This survey should take you around 20 minutes. During the survey, you will not be able to go back to the previous questions. You may stop the survey at any time without any repercussion to you. No personally identifiable information will be collected. All responses will be anonymous and reviewed in aggregate at the end of the study.

If you have any questions regarding the survey, please feel free to contact the researchers directly either at [email protected] or [email protected].

If you would like to participate, please click on this link: https://okstate.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8BAnJ2oG9nG14Fg

Thank you for your time!

Reactions: rolling56
I hold commercial certs in both free balloon and UAS. It was difficult to answer the survey in terms of the hot-air balloon as it was primarily intended for GA fixed wing and UAS. Weather is the number issue with balloons (and power lines).

Dear pilots and UAV operators,

My name is JW Wallace and I am a master’s student working with Dr. Nicoletta Fala at the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at Oklahoma State University. Our research aims to improve weather product accuracy and availability. We are seeking your input on how you use weather products in your flying and your satisfaction with existing weather products.

This survey will ask you questions about your awareness and usage of weather products, which weather elements affect you most in your operations, and how well weather products meet your information needs with respect to specific weather elements. This survey should take you around 20 minutes. During the survey, you will not be able to go back to the previous questions. You may stop the survey at any time without any repercussion to you. No personally identifiable information will be collected. All responses will be anonymous and reviewed in aggregate at the end of the study.

If you have any questions regarding the survey, please feel free to contact the researchers directly either at [email protected] or [email protected].

If you would like to participate, please click on this link: https://okstate.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8BAnJ2oG9nG14Fg

Thank you for your time!
IMO, the best thing you could offer that is not covered is something to measure winds aloft at altitudes that the UAS flies instead of the products intended for private and commercial pilots of manned aircraft. Real-time weather can be had with a personal weather device. The most accurate meteorology site I've found to date is Aviation Weather

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shook DroneWorks LLC