Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

UAV Forcast; a must

Of course. I'm talking about clouds lower than that when the app says its OK to fly and it's really not OK.

Or if you need to inspect a high tower on a cloudy day, you need to know that ceiling height.

these are great tools,
I am old school, and find that doing my own research helps keep my skills honed.
Kind of like with diving, no one uses charts any more. the dive computers make them obsolete. But I will still sometimes do a dive chart just so I can still do it

That makes my point exactly. This tool is not complete. However Kitty Hawk does have this information. It would not be too hard to put it into you UAV forecast.

And you are exactly correct. We should never rely on just one tool but back it up with multiple checks.

Of course. I'm talking about clouds lower than that when the app says its OK to fly and it's really not OK.

Or if you need to inspect a high tower on a cloudy day, you need to know that ceiling height.
Living here in Central Florida we hardly get cloud formation bellow 500' if that, maybe from time to time fog.:D And yes ceiling heights would be nice to have.

Reactions: Wetstone
I use UAV Forecast and Flight Services online.

With Flight Services online, you can build your own dashboard to immediately see what you want. You can build the airports in your area so you get their forecast data right off the bat. They also offer online sectional coverage overlays.

I check both of these before I fly.

Reactions: AH-1G

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM