Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

UK PFCO Discussion and Help

Well I will kick off the discussion here then. Which is the best, if any, professional group for us types in the U.K.?

I completed my ground school this week with Rusta in Wolverhamptom and I just want to thank everyone there for a both professional and enjoyable few days, the instructor was supremely knowlable and a great guy, the facility were really good and having been on a LOT of various H&S and educational courses over the years I can say this was a joy to be on.

Looking forward to the flight evaluation soon

Thanks All there :)

www.uastraining.com

I completed my ground school this week with Rusta in Wolverhamptom and I just want to thank everyone there for a both professional and enjoyable few days, the instructor was supremely knowlable and a great guy, the facility were really good and having been on a LOT of various H&S and educational courses over the years I can say this was a joy to be on.

Looking forward to the flight evaluation soon

Thanks All there :)

www.uastraining.com
Did you meet Sion while you were there? He heads it up - a good guy. Ex RAF, Reaper pilot.

I was trained by Coptrz. I would NOT recommend them. Couldn't run a bath. No pre-course materials, sent us to the wrong location (40 miles away) and didn't notify us prior, also then having dealt with them procuring equipment had a terrible experience. I could go into more detail but would likely be pulled up on every point, but suffice to say there are plenty of more reliable, reputable places to learn to operate commercially.

I was trained by Coptrz. I would NOT recommend them. Couldn't run a bath. No pre-course materials, sent us to the wrong location (40 miles away) and didn't notify us prior, also then having dealt with them procuring equipment had a terrible experience. I could go into more detail but would likely be pulled up on every point, but suffice to say there are plenty of more reliable, reputable places to learn to operate commercially.
Yup - unfortunately, like all things, there are good NQE's and useless ones.

Thumbs up for RUSTA. Sion is a nice guy and was a great teacher.

I trained with EUROUSC. I found them very professional during my training and very supportive afterwards - no question remained unanswered.
I’m not sure what happened. I think they lost their training license.

How about a thread on how to get work with high end estate agents?

I’m of the view that aerial photographs do little to improve the marketing of an average property, but can really add value to larger properties, with lots of land and great views. Ground based photography cannot capture this.

I trained with EUROUSC. I found them very professional during my training and very supportive afterwards - no question remained unanswered.
I’m not sure what happened. I think they lost their training license.
They did.
The CAA pulled their NQE status once they discovered and investigated their dodgy business practices and the fact they were still charging people for things like additional flight tests to add another aircraft to their fleet in the same weight class. They even tried to make people take a flight assessment for night operations telling them it was a CAA requirement which it isn't and never has been.
Good riddance to them, their management were a bunch of money grabbing cowboys - was only a matter of time.

How about a thread on how to get work with high end estate agents?

I’m of the view that aerial photographs do little to improve the marketing of an average property, but can really add value to larger properties, with lots of land and great views. Ground based photography cannot capture this.
You're welcome to start one. :)
The problem with Estate Agents is they are tight as.....well you know. If they can use Johnny from down the road who has been to Maplins and bought a Phantom and get charged £20 they will use them rather than a PfCO holding company/individual.

I did mine with Resource Group in Wales, while the ground school was very thorough they weren't able to offer the flight test for over 3 months! ( I eventually did the flight test via the BMFA) They were also extremely pedantic with reviewing my Op's manual, picking up things like some of the fonts don't match or the paragraphs don't aline !!

I would pick a local one to you, and horse trade a price, as a lot seem to be flexible!

Did my training with Heliguy in North Shields & enjoyed it.

They've also been a pleasure to deal with, and it's not often you can say that these days! Always helpful, prompt, given good honest advice and opinions (not just trying to sell the most expensive bit of kit), and have been welcoming whenever I've turned up at their office after bits of kit.

I did mine at Heliguy with the resource group found them both very professional and would recommend them, also have had emails form Resource Group offering work that they were sub contracting that cant be bad.

Did my qualification with EuroUSC too, managed to qualify not long before they went under so was lucky. I heard horror stories of them taking people’s cash right up to the time they shut the doors.

I have to say the instructor at both my ground school & they guy who graded my flight exam were both excellent & very helpful though. It’s a shame the organisation saw it as a license to print money.

For PfCO training I would recommend UAV Academy. Professional from start to finish. Could not have wished for more.

I did my training with Consortiq (UAV-Air) and honestly couldn't be happier with any part of the course. From the excellent pre-course online training to the classroom teaching and the flight testing... To me the most important part was the pre-course material where you get all the information you need, loads of online tests etc. so your well aware of all the requirements and what to expect when your sitting in the classroom!

I'd highly recommend Consortiq to anyone that's thinking about doing the training but not taken the plunge yet.

hello all, i'm about to renew my PFCO and wondered if there have been any changes to the Ops Manual layout etc that i need to make for this year? Had to change the format around a bit last year but i can't see anything out there to suggest anything different for this one. Any renewed this year?

Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM