Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Underwater drone technology

Rovon Phil

Reaction score
If anyone has any questions, my name is Phil. I own Rovon Technology and the US distributor for BW Space Pro. As this tech is fairly new and not a lot of information yet, feel free to ask.

I'm looking for something that could be used in streams. We need a device that can dive into deep locations where our staff can't get to to measure the depth, size, and temperature of the location. Additionally, one that could do bathymetry would be nice :)

Reactions: Rovon Phil
Would need more info on the definition of a stream to you. I’m in Florida, so we really don’t have what I envision as a stream. Which to me, means a fast, very shallow creek?
The norm for these are 100m capability, all pretty much show depth and temperature. None are really designed for data collection at this moment. So determining actual dimensions of that environment would rely on expertise of your eyes. I do have a well company that uses our drone and loves it.

I'm looking for something that could be used in streams. We need a device that can dive into deep locations where our staff can't get to to measure the depth, size, and temperature of the location. Additionally, one that could do bathymetry would be nice :)

I work for a manufacturer of such a device. Our ‘drone’ (aka ROV) is 300 m (1000 ft) depth rated. Depth and temperature measurements are standard. Bathymetry, while possible, requires some customization depending on what your end product needs to be (I am a hydrographer and have done a variety of bathymetry projects with different end products depending on the use case). There is some great work being done with seabed mapping using small ROVs.

How deep do you need to go?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gstrick1215