Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Upgrading XT ver1 to XT ver2 - DJI Service @ $384

dougcjohn

Reaction score
Has anyone performed the XT version 1 series upgrade to version 2?
Started the process about a week ago, and even DJI service seemed a little confused.
One chat session with DJI tech stated it wasn’t offered, another stated I needed to send in Inspire 1, M210 and XT.

Finally got one that understood the process of sending in just the XT and had me initiate a service ticket, this resulted in being requested to complete a few pre-shipping forms since it was a 30hz unit... fill out the form, attach photos, purchase receipt and it was eventually accepted for them to sign and return so it can be included in the XT parcel.

I questioned the need for the signed pre-form if parcel remaining within USA, and response was a “Yes”, must fill out the forms prior to shipping when in USA and shipping inside USA. I’m currently waiting for the signed form to be returned, but informed the manager is on vacation and back in a week. I inquired if any one else could sign in order to keep the repair process moving... no replies.

While waiting for signed form returned to allow sending XT into DJI USA...
Thought I’d see if anyone else has experienced this long drawn out process for an XT upgrade?
I will say, on past repairs... it does often take a few days to get the pre-paid shipping label, but then normally zips along smoothly once in process. This upgrade service has consumed 5 days so far and still not to the shipping label yet!
I would think for a service upgrade of $384, they’ed be a little more prompt to get package moving.

The version 2 came out soon after the M210. The only difference was the firmware and 1 small circuit board in the gimbal head. Made the Ver 2 version compatible with both Inspire 1 and M200 series Matrice (useable on I1, M600 & M210). Although hardware side, requires the adapter coupler to mount on newer gimbal mount, which is about $140 on top.

If it's a Retail version 2, the Box will indicate a V2. The XT itself won't indicate externally, but Go4app will show it as a Version 2 in software.

The range of XT performance specs & model series remains the same: 336 or 640, Full Radiometric or Standard, and the same focal lengths. Just added the dual compatibility of I1 & M210 and the awareness and operation of the M210 Dual Gimbal too... so you can run a Z30 & XT simultaneously.

Indirectly it's made the "used" purchase a little different... the V2 version is considered about $500-800 more value in each model... considering the V2 upgrade price, I can see where that is understandable.

I didn't even know there was an XT ver2. What's the difference?
A few links that reference above...

[/URL]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Premier Drone Services