Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Use in estate agency

Nicholas craddock

Reaction score
Hi Forum. Interested to see this new commercial drone forum as I have been looking at various companies offering to enable me to become accomplished in achieving use of my drone for commercial purposes.
I am a newbie to the drone world, but have already found my phantom 4 pro to be far better than I imagined at filming and I find the drone intuitively easy to fly. Just getting to use the various intelligent flight options.
I intend to use it for photographing and videoing property I have for sale in my own estate agency offices, but could be tempted to do summer weddings etc in the future..

I am disabled in the walking department but feel that the drone world doesn't handicap me as other sports/businesses might.

I am based in Herefordshire so if anyone has suggestions on best companies to gain CAA compliance I would be interested.

Lastly I have Adobe premiere pro, but the 4k footage I've taken won't run in it as my laptops a few years old. I've reduced to 1080p and if I first run it through windows movie maker it will then work in adobe.

I look forward to hearing from you experts out there.

Nick

Hi Nick,

I did my training via www.flyicarus.co.uk and found them to be extremely professional (I guess all the approved trainers are!)

They used to do the odd course now and then in Telford, but looking at their site it looks like it's now only Oxfordshire (their HQ) or some other places in the NW. The OE is at their HQ, close to an RAF base, which makes for a quite interesting couple of hours :)

Hi Nick,

I did my training via www.flyicarus.co.uk and found them to be extremely professional (I guess all the approved trainers are!)

They used to do the odd course now and then in Telford, but looking at their site it looks like it's now only Oxfordshire (their HQ) or some other places in the NW. The OE is at their HQ, close to an RAF base, which makes for a quite interesting couple of hours :)

OK thanks I'll look them up, but Oxford is a bit of a trek. I'm not ready to do it yet but need to organise myself for my drone future!

Hi Thanks for response. So handbrake is a video converter? So what do you convert to and is there much loss in quality?
Google is your friend. Plenty of information on Handbrake on the net. Default settings work best in most cases, but it does give you a lot of control as you will discover once you download and start using it.

One thing I have learned in the real estate drone business is to always receive payment before releasing the work. Lots of realtors love to have the work done and pay after they sell the home (which is fine if that is the agreement) but that could take months before you see an ROI.

You got that right. I've not been burned (yet) but boy did the agent raise a stink when I insisted on payment before releasing the images/video. Ended up getting a check in the mail two days later :)

Handbrake is awesome, have not used it in a while, but have a new camera that uses .mov files that I am pretty sure it is going to take handbrake to get it to play nice.
Any word on if they are going to up their resolution game

You got that right. I've not been burned (yet) but boy did the agent raise a stink when I insisted on payment before releasing the images/video. Ended up getting a check in the mail two days later :)

Haha, yeah I learned that one the hard way unfortunately. Got burned for about $350, and they wonder why I left a negative review on google after 2 months of no payment lol..

Hi Forum. Interested to see this new commercial drone forum as I have been looking at various companies offering to enable me to become accomplished in achieving use of my drone for commercial purposes.
I am a newbie to the drone world, but have already found my phantom 4 pro to be far better than I imagined at filming and I find the drone intuitively easy to fly. Just getting to use the various intelligent flight options.
I intend to use it for photographing and videoing property I have for sale in my own estate agency offices, but could be tempted to do summer weddings etc in the future..

I am disabled in the walking department but feel that the drone world doesn't handicap me as other sports/businesses might.

I am based in Herefordshire so if anyone has suggestions on best companies to gain CAA compliance I would be interested.

Lastly I have Adobe premiere pro, but the 4k footage I've taken won't run in it as my laptops a few years old. I've reduced to 1080p and if I first run it through windows movie maker it will then work in adobe.

I look forward to hearing from you experts out there.

Nick
Nick,

The topic is not really "Use in Estate Agency" (which is something I would be interested in). Your looking for advice regarding a competent training company? That said, I wish you well with your endeavours

Hello and welcome to the Commercial Drone Pilots forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

If you haven't already done so, consider adding your LOCATION to your forum profile to help us know where you are when you post suggestions or ask for assistance. It helps a lot more than you might think especially because this is an international forum with members from all parts of the world. Here's a direct link to yours:

https://commercialdronepilots.com/account/personal-details

Allen

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM