Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Vineyard Spraying

R0T0R

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you out there have any experience in spraying within the vineyard. I’m particularly interested in spray coverage on the crop, and whether you have to utilize specially designed sprays, or if you can use your normal choice of sprays. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks in advance!

hi ,
We are working on drones research for startup that is focused on agriculture at a renowned university in USA. If you need any help you can contact me on

Name : Sam
Email : [email protected]
Phone : +1 - 585 319 2599

The RMUS drone can do about 10 acres per hour, to me that is way too slow. The average farm in our area is 500 to 1000 acres. So it would take a week to spray one small farm. Now you might be able to get some work on farms that are bordering cities where crop dusters can't be used.

With grape orchards I'm told the farmers feel they get better coverage with ground sprayers. The drone idea for crop dusting is a great idea, just need one that can cover large areas much faster.

What is the good time to contact you Sam ?

Hi ,

You can contact anytime . Just text me before 30 mins you call so I can find a quiet location as I am always on the move

Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you out there have any experience in spraying within the vineyard. I’m particularly interested in spray coverage on the crop, and whether you have to utilize specially designed sprays, or if you can use your normal choice of sprays. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Have you applied for your Part 137?

Japan has been using programmed autonomous drone spraying for years now.
I believe they more resemble a small helicopter and I think Yamaha is one manufacturer.

Hi All,
Drones can spray autonomously more hours including night time to compensate lower capacity. One major concern is durability of batteries, most manufacturer's claim of 300 times charging and discharging still needs to be proven.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM