Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Water tower demolition

SkyLight

Reaction score
I shot this with a DJI Mavic Air 2 and edited it in Adobe Premier. No color grading, just raw out of the drone.
I'm quite pleased with the way the video looks. Camera was set to HDR, stopped down -2 with a ND16 filter.

This was a video done for the demolition crew as a gift and for my own practice and portfolio. I don't yet have my Part 107. I hope to get my Part 107 by the summer so I can do this and get paid.

UPDATE:
I decided it would be best to remove the video as it's in violation of FAA Part 107 rules. It's still considered commercial even if it's free.

Summation of what I learned from this thread::
Even if it's not monetized, YouTube posting is a violation if you don't have a Part 107 license. YouTube gets a benefit because it's content.
Giving it to a company without pay is also a violation. They can benefit from it's use.

Last edited:

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff member
DSAR Member
Reaction score
I shot this with a DJI Mavic Air 2 and edited it in Adobe Premier. No color grading, just raw out of the drone.
I'm quite pleased with the way the video looks. Camera was set to HDR, stopped down -2 with a ND16 filter.

This was a video done for the demolition company and for my own practice and portfolio. I don't yet have my Part 107 so it was given to them without a fee. I hope to get my Part 107 by the summer.

Enjoy the destruction. :)

Interesting video.

You need to know that that video is a violation of the rules as it was not done within~44809. You can NOT recreate for someone else regardless of payment or not. You made this with the stated "intent" to do it FOR the demolition company and to bolster your portfolio. I would go get that Part 107 SOONER than later so this wouldn't be a factor going forward.

Have you taken your TRUST yet?
FAA TRUST Test is here!

Also you'll need to get the NC DOT Aviation Div Commercial UAS Permit once you have your Part 107
NC DOT Aviation Division – Commercial Drone Permit

NCDOT: Unmanned Aircraft Commercial Operators

SkyLight

Reaction score
Interesting video.

You need to know that that video is a violation of the rules as it was not done within~44809. You can NOT recreate for someone else regardless of payment or not. You made this with the stated "intent" to do it FOR the demolition company and to bolster your portfolio. I would go get that Part 107 SOONER than later so this wouldn't be a factor going forward.

Have you taken your TRUST yet?
FAA TRUST Test is here!

Also you'll need to get the NC DOT Aviation Div Commercial UAS Permit once you have your Part 107
NC DOT Aviation Division – Commercial Drone Permit

NCDOT: Unmanned Aircraft Commercial Operators
Thank you for this info. Probably be a good idea to take the video down from YouTube.
I DO want to follow all the rules going forward.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skycam509