Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

What are you using for live-stream broadcast?

Kristina Fowler

Reaction score
YouTube use to work but doesn't anymore (DJI app not authorized); FB requires a gazillion followers. The other options are not user friendly, IMHO. Are there any alternatives??

I have heard the same about youtube, I haven't used it in about a month or so. When did FB require followers? people live stream all the time from their phones/tablets and desktop all the time or is it just not working via the Dji app?

I started using the Streamlabs app a few weeks ago, and would naively recommend it. It streams anything on your phone display to your choice of platform. I use YouTube, which records the livestream so it can be watched later, and allows simple edits.

It's not as clean as properly streaming through Go 4, but you can get close by swiping down to go fullscreen, though a phone battery level icon remains in upper right (haven't found yet how to get rid of it). A Streamlabs watermark also fades in and out in the upper left corner (this watermark can be moved).

The default setting is that audio is streamed also, i.e., any audio picked up by your phone. Another default setting is that only people with the link can watch.

Humble suggestions to avoid potential embarrassment:
-put your phone in "do not disturb" mode, or equivalent, so when your idiot friends text you...
-turn audio off unless you specifically need it or are actively commenting on the video

Best of luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM