Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

What is the best non-DJI/non-DSLR drone for images and video?

Do you believe DJI is sharing user data with the Chinese government?

• Yes

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

Kristina Fowler

Reaction score
Hoping some CDP subscribers can make recommendations on this, along with Pros and Cons. Looking for 20MP/4k minimum.Thanks in advance. K

JDS

Reaction score
I have an Autel X Star Premium that started my obsession with drones--it does well for a 12 MP and 4K video. There are a mess of folks who love the new EVO. May want to check them out.

This is a picture I took with my X Star. It's a very friendly platform to fly, that would be my best Pro--along with their customer service. The worst thing I can say about the Autel is the Geofence that cannot be turned off. Wolf Flag 1.JPG

Last edited:

JDS

Reaction score

chasco

Reaction score
Hubsan Zino (budget - not for mapping, but very good)
Parrot Anafi
Autel Evo 2 (coming)
Skydio 2 (reserve)
Yuneec H520 w/ E90 Camera
Yuneec Typhoon H3 (coming)

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff member
DSAR Member
Reaction score
Hubsan Zino (budget - not for mapping, but very good)
Parrot Anafi
Autel Evo 2 (coming)
Skydio 2 (reserve)
Yuneec H520 w/ E90 Camera
Yuneec Typhoon H3 (coming)
My question is how can you recommend the Skydio 2 without actually seeing or testing it in person?

chasco

Reaction score
My question is how can you recommend the Skydio 2 without actually seeing or testing it in person?
Or have I? Thanks for assuming, but we did demo one, including the box at the last DroneDeploy Conference.

chasco

Reaction score
Well played then.
Funny thing was that the box didn't work the first time though, lol. Why you never do live demos... I can't imagine leaving a box with a drone in it on one of our jobsites either, but the aircraft itself was pretty sweet. It will be more interesting when people get it in their hands and start writing custom python for it.

Reactions: BigAl07

Capt Binkley

Reaction score
Funny thing was that the box didn't work the first time though, lol. Why you never do live demos... I can't imagine leaving a box with a drone in it on one of our jobsites either, but the aircraft itself was pretty sweet. It will be more interesting when people get it in their hands and start writing custom python for it.
One of the reviews I saw yesterday summed it up as "It's not perfect, but it's 80% of the way there."

This drone is only going to get better as the software updates come out. This and the Evo 2 have me salivating.

Reactions: chasco

chasco

Reaction score
One of the reviews I saw yesterday summed it up as "It's not perfect, but it's 80% of the way there."

This drone is only going to get better as the software updates come out. This and the Evo 2 have me salivating.
I think the drone is further than that, but with what we saw of the whole solution your probably right. The automation of taking off from, landing back in and wirelessly charging from a box is got to be pretty sophisticated set of instructions.

Reactions: Capt Binkley

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vsasolutions