Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

What software for Panoramas?

D.Bendell

Reaction score
I know sharing on Sketchfab or Kuula but what do you all use to generate good 3D panoramas? Thanks.

I've had mixed results using Photoshop, looking for suggestions before I spend a lot of time trying different things.

Also, what's worth paying for? Do many of you use the DJI panorama modes and auto-stitch method? I realize that's only on certain ones.

I use the Panorama capture feature on my 3E and 3T to capture and create the panorama file. It literally takes less then 1 minute start to finish. You can then create a free account on Momento360 to host and share your Panos. Simple and free

I use the Panorama capture feature on my 3E and 3T to capture and create the panorama file. It literally takes less then 1 minute start to finish. You can then create a free account on Momento360 to host and share your Panos. Simple and free
Personally I wish I could turn off the in-drone stitching as it just wastes time and battery. I'm flying a site today that requires near 40 panos as part of the mission so there's a lot of wasted battery sitting and waiting to shoot the next one. While the onboard stitches may be good for some, stitching the tiles yourself produces an image with 4x the resolution which is hugely apparent for real estate and construction use cases.

Reactions: jmichael
Grab yourself a M2 Pro for cheap these days and use Litchi for panos. Full control without the waste.
That mention was with the Mavic 3 Enterprise but I typically use the Air 2S for 360 panos because it shoots RAW and the stitches are much faster. Still can't get rid of them though. RAW stitches are WAY better than the onboard. Seems to be a trend that clients are asking for the RAW with no editing... which is fine by me!

That mention was with the Mavic 3 Enterprise but I typically use the Air 2S for 360 panos because it shoots RAW and the stitches are much faster. Still can't get rid of them though. RAW stitches are WAY better than the onboard. Seems to be a trend that clients are asking for the RAW with no editing... which is fine by me!
Yeah, raw capture is the only way to go for any photography task.

Reactions: adm_geomatics

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
captron157