Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

What software is this?

Capt Binkley

Reaction score
I've been talking with a commercial real estate company that I do quite a bit of work with in my appraisal business. They sent me over some examples of videos they use and one that they would love to use, but the firm that presented it was charging too much money. Can you take a look at these and tell me what program they are likely using for the annotations and overlays in these videos?

The type they are currently using...

The type they would like to use, but think its too expensive...

Top one is easy. Any editing software can do the motion on the graphics. They aren't matching camera movement.

The second one looks like a designer using After Effects. Would take some time since they cut out some buildings to show overlap of graphic elements. And there is some motion tracking going on. It's not terribly difficult for someone that knows After Effects, but would take some time. And I always wonder if people are paying for Google Maps. I see some and know that they don't, but I don't see any Google logo, so they might be on this. This one would be some money.

Reactions: BigAl07
I've been talking with a commercial real estate company that I do quite a bit of work with in my appraisal business. They sent me over some examples of videos they use and one that they would love to use, but the firm that presented it was charging too much money. Can you take a look at these and tell me what program they are likely using for the annotations and overlays in these videos?

The type they are currently using...

The type they would like to use, but think its too expensive...

I can tell you from this much... and this is not a slam for you in any way...

What your client is asking for is more than what you want to get involved in. The learning curve for this type of work is heavy and the work flow can be mind boggling if you aren't already deeply into it.

What you've shown is time extensive and unfortunately COSTLY! Every once in a while you find someone who is creative and who can pull those effects off on the cheap but they soon learn they can make more $$ and get expensive quickly. We have outsourced a couple of projects like this and it consumes our budget every time.

I agree with both above, big learning curve with many sleepless nights.
First video I would charge at a minimum $750.00 second video $1,500.00 +. If you already don't have this type of experience, then you need to start practicing right away. These clients expect professionalism!

I have been attempting to learn video editing for this past year, (on and off) and I'm no where close to this quality of work. Multivista has a videographer that does amazing work, however it takes him forever to edit any videos I send him so, I do my own editing and there is a real learning curve to it. Fortunately my client just wants to see the job site.

Thanks all. And I totally get what you're saying about learning curves. I have a friend who does far more video editing that I do who is testing out the time involved on these. He asked me to post this up for your input since he wasn't familiar with the application. This is not something I plan on tackling on my own.

Thanks all. And I totally get what you're saying about learning curves. I have a friend who does far more video editing that I do who is testing out the time involved on these. He asked me to post this up for your input since he wasn't familiar with the application. This is not something I plan on tackling on my own.

I think it would be an EXCELLENT idea for a dedicated video editor who has clients (like yourself) who can use this type of product to become good at it and include it in his professional offerings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905