Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

What time saving video editing tools that are worth the effort?

itallica

Reaction score
A little background.

The housing market where I live is always hot. Relators often sell homes before they even go on the market. They don't need me to help them sell 99% of the houses they churn (odd market, lots of turnover).

After several years with my pt107 an have recently gotten a few calls from one relator. She's not super interested in photos... I've done some dronebase stuff with all the cardinal shots+... she'll take a few stills, but mainly wants a video to post.

I am fairly skilled at meat and potatoes editing with Premier. It's not my favorite thing to do. To be honest I'll never get the reward for the effort it would take to deliver the kind of stuff coming out of say, the Miami market. That doesn't mean I want to deliver a bad product. But the stars align here for a budget friendly option for them, and a time saver for me.

The last 2 videos I've sent her have been Master Shots from my air3 drone. If you're not familiar it takes 2-3 minutes of flight time, you choose a template, and it creates a 30 second or so 'creatively' edited video with the home being the focus. It's like cheating, I know. It's a good result for not a lot of time spent on my part*. While I was poking around in the dji app yesterday I noticed some ads for AI editing, etc. This interests me greatly. I'm old, but not stuck in my ways.

My question is - are you using AI or other software such as Master Shots to save you time and clients money?

I'm all ears!

(I still shoot a little extra video and will lightly edit the final product if I'm not happy with the template result.)

Davinci Resolve is free and if
you’re willing to put in some time and watch YouTube videos you can figure it out. If you run into an issue generally you can google that and you’ll get an answer.

I've been using VSDC, which has a free version and a pay for version that's $16/year.
It also has a bunch of online tutorials and seems to be pretty full functioned - way more than I can learn.
I haven't tried anything else since I don't think I'm missing anything. I use VSDC to edit everything on my youtube channel.

I am fairly skilled at meat and potatoes editing with Premier.

The last 2 videos I've sent her have been Master Shots from my air3 drone. If you're not familiar it takes 2-3 minutes of flight time, you choose a template, and it creates a 30 second or so 'creatively' edited video with the home being the focus. It's like cheating, I know. It's a good result for not a lot of time spent on my part*. While I was poking around in the dji app yesterday I noticed some ads for AI editing, etc. This interests me greatly. I'm old, but not stuck in my ways.

My question is - are you using AI or other software such as Master Shots to save you time and clients money?

I'm all ears!

(I still shoot a little extra video and will lightly edit the final product if I'm not happy with the template result.)
Apparently, the two replies have seriously misunderstood your question.
You obviously aren't asking for recommendations for a video editing program.
You are already using Premier.
You are asking if Master Shots can save time and editing effort.
Same with AI editing software.

Clearly, the answer is yes, if they fulfill your client’s needs. It's not cheating any more than using the drone's flight algorithms to maintain a steady hover, instead of completely manual flight. If it's within the drone's capabilities, use it wherever you can, just like an automated 360° pano, instead of shooting the pano completely manually and stitching it manually in other software.

Time is money, and you don't have to charge less just because you know how to do it cheaper!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roy thellmann