Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Whats on your Video script for a house?

......You must remember that processing and post production are going to be your most time-intensive practices of being in the photography/videography industry (unless you're providing raw media.) You need to spend every waking moment learning and applying practices as this is the time that will ultimately kill your profits long-term. Typically, people new to this industry will spend 4-6x (or more) time in post-production than shooting the media.....

We see people all the time saying, "I charge $100 for the pictures but how do I make $$ because it takes me 4 hours to edit/process them?" In that scenario you can not make $$.

You learn to process quicker/better but you also learn how much your client is willing to pay for. The time we spend on construction site imagery/video is VERY low compared to shooting for a high end client who is willing to pay top $$ for an exceptional end product. You tailor your process to the end product. The sooner you learn this the more money you'll potentially make.

My most profitable projects are the ones where I fly and capture the DATA and someone else does all the editing. I've flown for almost 8 hours straight and didn't spend 1 moment editing/processing. My only non-flying time was aircraft prep, flight planning, battery/SD card swaps, and at the end of the day transferring data to the clients laptop.

......As your experience increases, these numbers will go down as you learn to shoot for post and become much more efficient in your workflows....

That's the truth. You figure out how to make your life easier and more efficient (and profitable) day after day.

Reactions: AerialZ
Try this link:
LMGTFY

Many of us use different programs for different aspects of the movie. It depends on your background, how much you want to spend, how DEEP you want to get into editing and somewhat on your own personal style.

Sometimes you just have to download trial versions and try them out to see which one works for you. Once in a while one wont work on your computer for hardware reasons so always try before you buy.

If you're starting a business in Aerial Imaging and you don't have experience in picture/video editing you're going to have one heck of an uphill battle. You'd better be a great pilot, sales person, and business person to make up for not being an experienced photographer. I'm not saying it can't be done (it is done day in and day out) but you've got to understand a UAS with a camera is just another tool in the bag and not the end-all to create a solid business around.
Thanks for the link, and the advice!
I am really just starting out, so probably no where near commercial standard, but hey I've got to start somewhere, I'm in no rush to go comercial. But learning all I can from other peoples experiences.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07
Thanks for the link, and the advice!
I am really just starting out, so probably no where near commercial standard, but hey I've got to start somewhere, I'm in no rush to go comercial. But learning all I can from other peoples experiences.

if you'll allow me some advice, here you can pick up ideas of what you're going to need. Make a list and then start slowly. Don't try to cover too much at once or you'll go crazy. In the end it's like everything else, it's just a matter of time and desire :)

Great thread. I've found that once you come up with the formula that will work as a template it will help you be able to shoot and produce a self contained story.

I have a few realtors that I work with and will only shoot home property's 500k and above. Shooting a cheaper home than that just doesn't show all as well. Here's an example of the fully produced video and voiceover that I like to provide for my clients. Remember that if you're going to get good at professional video then you also need to be a good editor, graphic artist and audio engineer.

Reactions: Black Dog Drone Ops
I think the vests are always a good idea. It draws attention so you dont look like peeping tom, and if someone comes to talk with you, who knows might get an extra job while your already there.

I have had good luck with Wevideo. It can handle 4K and when it is on sale you can get it for ~$70 for one year of unlimited plan. It is limited compared to Adobe, but you need a really powerful computer to run Adobe. Everything on my site www.facebook.com/kaifectaerial was done with Wevideo.

Fiverr is a great resource for voice-over work. You can find pretty much any style that you're looking for and the prices won't blow your profits.

We have been talking about this very subject in two other threads. I didn't know there was such a simple service on the Internet. Thank you very much, it can be very useful :)

I do not do RE as part of my business but put this together for a friend who wanted to rent his house out in the holidays. Due to adjoining properties and the trees I could not get the front of the house. I also did an edit with the neighbour's houses blurred out for privacy, but after they saw the clip they were happy to leave it as shot.

Reactions: Mark Stewart
I use IOS IPads exclusively for a full mobile environment.

I have been using a combo between iMovie and PerfectVideo for editing. I shoot in 4K video and extract photos from the clips.
Recently I have begun to learn LumaFusion. Much more of a professional level editor. Also, there are sites out there where you can download free music to use; Google them.

I would echo at my present level, much more time spent learning editing and performing post processing than flying.
Best of luck.

Reactions: Black Dog Drone Ops
Great thread. I've found that once you come up with the formula that will work as a template it will help you be able to shoot and produce a self contained story.

I have a few realtors that I work with and will only shoot home property's 500k and above. Shooting a cheaper home than that just doesn't show all as well. Here's an example of the fully produced video and voiceover that I like to provide for my clients. Remember that if you're going to get good at professional video then you also need to be a good editor, graphic artist and audio engineer.

Steve,
If you dont me asking, what are you using for the interior? Mavik? Or not even a drone?

Hi Guys, new member here. I have worked some with the DJI Mavic pro but had to send it back to two gimbal overloads. Trying to decide whether to go with the new Mavic air since it has the same camera, or step up to a phantom 4 pro. I will be using it for real estate photography.

Thoughts/ suggestions?

Thanks Airbender. I'm going to shoot a friend's house to use as a sample. It's got a four car attached garage, and a horse barn, and a pond with a swimming dock. I'll see if I can figure out how to post it so I can get some critiques.
Depends on the layout of each job.. You will learn with practice.. try shooting from all different directions even if you don't think it looks like the best shot.. take a lot of shots..

if you are Apple user, you have 2 options to edit your videos:
1. iMovie and it is free.
2. Next level is Final Cut Pro. License $300. You can do whatever you want with FCP. It competes with Adobe Premier in Windows.
to learn, yes, go to vimeo and /or youtube and observe the ones you like. Attached is one I recently made and I liked.

Reactions: Dan AISCF
if you are Apple user, you have 2 options to edit your videos:
1. iMovie and it is free.
2. Next level is Final Cut Pro. License $300. You can do whatever you want with FCP. It competes with Adobe Premier in Windows.
to learn, yes, go to vimeo and /or youtube and observe the ones you like. Attached is one I recently made and I liked.

Nice video, to add to your post, all Adobe products are available for an Apple/Mac computer including Premier Pro.

Reactions: lalvar41

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM