Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

When drone flights go bad...

Dan AISCF

Reaction score
Website
www.aiscforlando.com
Over the past few years of owning drones, I had one client shoot where I crashed one of our P4P+'s, and then while getting footage for a product review on a Gulf Coast beach here in Florida, I had a bird strike that took out and drowned one of our drones last week.

Aside from owning a small media company in Orlando, I'm getting ready to work on an article that highlights some of the worst-case scenarios some of us in the drone community might have encountered with our drones- whether bird strikes, weather phenomena, hardware/software failure, angry bystanders (Karens and Kevins), etc.

I am wondering if anyone would care to share their stories/experiences in this regard, for me to include in the article. Full credit will of course go to anyone whose experience is used. If you'd rather not do it here, feel free to PM me :)

I also plan to outline the hazardous attitudes the FAA has identified in the Part 107 course, as well as a discussion on how to file warranty claims with Autel and DJI.

I appreciate any and all insights and fully appreciate the communities of Mavic, Phantom, Autel, Inspire, and Commercialpilots.com (those so far I have been privileged to be a part of). THANKS ALL!

Last edited:
I had a red tail hawk come after my Inspire 2, fortuneately the Inspire will climb faster than the hawk. I must have gotten too close to it's nest, but not sure. Good luck on your project.

Reactions: Dan AISCF

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rainy