Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Where do you park your car?

Elo76

Reaction score
Sometimes I can hide my car, but some of these properties just don't allow for it. In those cases, what do you do? Leave it in the driveway?

It depends on the client. I have one client (major MLS here locally) that allow no cars in any of the shots. I park it out of the way, cover it with a camouflaged netting, or remove it in POST. If removing it in POST is the only option I make sure we park it on a surface that is easy to "duplicate" and not on multiple surfaces.

For instance not where gravel and asphalt meet... not where grass and dirt meet etc.

Parking it on an adjacent lot and using trees/shrubs/structure to hide it is our preferred method but I had one Saturday that required "POST removal". Parked it directly in the middle of a Cul-de-sac and it took the wife about 5 seconds to remove it in POST.

Parking it on an adjacent lot and using trees/shrubs/structure to hide it is our preferred method but I had one Saturday that required "POST removal". Parked it directly in the middle of a Cul-de-sac and it took the wife about 5 seconds to remove it in POST.
Happy wife, happy life! ;)

Reactions: BigAl07
I eliminate the car with as many close up clips as possible and limit my AGL to hide it.
Houses have different angles, back yard, side view, etc. that can also hide the auto.
Practice is your only friend

Reactions: LARA images
I only do this part-time, until I retire. I don’t stay too busy yet and my wife is able to go with me on my shoots. She simply drives the car down the road. So far I’ve been lucky and she has come back to pick me up.

Sometimes I can hide my car, but some of these properties just don't allow for it. In those cases, what do you do? Leave it in the driveway?
If you're proficient with Photoshop (in most cases), you can easily remove your vehicle from the shot without otherwise materially changing the image. Using the "Polygonal Lasso" tool, select (surround) the subject vehicle. Then, Edit > Fill > Content-Aware. In most cases it works, depending on the immediate environment surrounding the vehicle.

Remove_Vehicle.jpg

If you're proficient with Photoshop (in most cases), you can easily remove your vehicle from the shot without otherwise materially changing the image. Using the "Polygonal Lasso" tool, select (surround) the subject vehicle. Then, Edit > Fill > Content-Aware. In most cases it works, depending on the immediate environment surrounding the vehicle.

View attachment 1685
Content-aware fill is a lifesaver. It isn't always perfect, but you'll be surprised how often it is.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Content-aware fill is a lifesaver. It isn't always perfect, but you'll be surprised how often it is.
Amen. I always use AEB (5-shot) when I shoot. At a construction site, there are often moving vehicles and consequently, they appear blurred in the merged images. A quick lasso/content-aware and poof... they're gone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM