Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Why you should stop using AirMap

My point, I wasn't aware there was still a manual interaction. I was a bit surprised to see a "zero" in the middle of city that was mainly 200-400 feet sections until closer to airport. In reality I had expected the approval to go negative and ended with a pleasant conversation and excellent cooperation.

I recently used Drone Zone on the FAA's website to request permission to fly right next to a hospital with a helipad. I assumed that it would be an automated response. I ended up emailing an agent at the FAA back and forth a few times, and it was a very positive experience.

One of the little things I like about Airmap is the altitude limit placed on the grid itself. When looking at streets & buildings on map, I find it convenient to see the listed altitude for section. It helps to quickly identify the "0" or "100" sections more quickly.
I agree. I like the Airmap interface. I recently downloaded Kittyhawk but not finding it very intuitive. Have not yet figured out how to request authorization. Maybe I need to be connected to the Aircraft to get that function? If so, I don't like that.

I guess I am an idgit and will have to research on YouTube!

Last edited:
What type of airspace was it in?
For my situation it was C 50/SFC... most of the city sectors were 200, few 100... and of course near airport on SW side of town 0. The NE side of town was mostly 200 with some 400. In the middle of 200 sectors, was a 0.

The interface of the main 3 apps are all different, I personally find the Airmap the cleanest, most direct. The max duration of time is per day, I'd like to see a date range. Exp for a construction site: able to specify 2 hrs per day, or every 3-5 days, for next 30 days (month block).

I also notice on manual authorizations, even if you fill out several over the next several weeks, they approve about 2 weeks out at a time. At least in my area.

One of the little things I like about Airmap is the altitude limit placed on the grid itself. When looking at streets & buildings on map, I find it convenient to see the listed altitude for section. It helps to quickly identify the "0" or "100" sections more quickly.

Agreed, I kept looking for it inKH.

Thanks for the original post. I was unaware, but had this gut feeling after having read something a short while ago. This thread confirms that feeling.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agcopter