Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Wildlife counting + AI detection Software? M300 & H20T

mac230

Reaction score
I am looking at trying to do some deer & cattle counts in a number of different large enclosures, Ideally, we want to be able to identify between different species of deer/cow using the M300 & H20t. I am wondering if anyone here has done anything similar and what techniques did you use? I am going to carry out some tests next month so I want to try a few different methods to see what works best. We are also looking for some AI software that could process the footage and count & identify any animals. any help or advice would be much appreciated. Cheers

Mac,

I looked into doing this in Texas and found out real quick that there was a pretty steep "Permit" fee for using drones to count or identify wild game for any purpose. I don't have enough big leases here to justify what I would have to charge to get just the permit fee back--yet! Check with your local wildlife station before flying out. Our Game wardens out here in Texas use drones to look for game and poachers.

As for cattle, Drone Deploy had an app called Bovina or Bovine(?) that was used for counting cattle similar to crops stand counts, but it's a pay to play option.

Look forward to hearing your success!

I think I would consult with a drone counsel before I jumped into paying for a large permit for flight in public airspace. Each state's rules are different and wildlife are more protected than humans as they are the underprivileged without a voice. But, Federal Law does hail over local ordinances. So dig deep and make sure you are doing the right thing and you are protected.

Mike D

Reactions: SanCap

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM