Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Wireless Solution to transmit RC Pro screen to Incident Command Screen

TreeLineView

DSAR Member
Reaction score
Some promising results on our new wireless transmission solution for sending screen signal from the Pro Controller to our Incident command screen. Tested it last night during a 4 hour search and rescue training session. It worked flawlessly.

The transmitter and receiver sticks both need external power, but I found a small powerbank that I got at a Flir training a few years ago that mounted nicely to the back of the pro controller. The receiver stick is using the powerbank that runs the LCD monitor. Output is 1080p. I did confirm that the transmission is encrypted with a key, but not a lot of details on that yet. Full disclosure, the first one I purchased a few months back would not pair out of the box. Never got it running. Just got to sending back to Amazon last week for a new replacement. The new one was an upgraded model and newer firmware. The new one was paired and required nothing but plugging it in.

Tested during several missions freely walking within 40ft of the IC setup (open line of sight) with not disruption to signal or noticeable latency. The IC screen was moved inside a mobile Unit with quite a bit of electronic equipment. Still no signal disruption. I was outside the IC mobile unit about 15ft away. I also tested with the unit mounted outdoors and walking about 50 ft inside a dwelling and into the basement. Same successful results. The stick connection/solution to the RC Pro is a little delicate and I could see it breaking if extra care were not taken. I need to make some type of small stand to rest the controller on safely, when swapping out batteries. Hands get tired after 30 minutes of flying.

Unrelated to the wifi testing, we tried the JZ T30 external light for the M3T last night. Wow, very impressed. At 175ft, after identifying an item of interest, we lit up the subject with the spotlight and were able to zoom in with the telephoto RGB and get a positive ID on the person and also see a weapon in their hand.

Attachments

• IMG_2698.JPG
    IMG_2698.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2699.JPG
    IMG_2699.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2696.JPG
    IMG_2696.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2697.JPG
    IMG_2697.JPG