Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

You know anyone can create a thread right?

jefferson3

Reaction score
Just wanted to pose the option for other people to start posting about their experiences, their rigs, and their opinions.

Thanks!

I'm sure they will Jeff . At the moment we only have 211 members but within a month I bet it will be hard to keep up :)

I’ve had my certification for several months. I’ve got a P3P current.y recovering from a bad incident with Mother Earth and a new P4P. I’m trying to find opportunities and applications.

What can anyone offer on apps and such in regards to mapping?

I am in the Golf business on the Agronomics side, and having a service that would be of value to golf course owners. Operators, or superintendents would be of interest to me.

I’ve had my certification for several months. I’ve got a P3P current.y recovering from a bad incident with Mother Earth and a new P4P. I’m trying to find opportunities and applications.

I am in the Golf business on the Agronomics side, and having a service that would be of value to golf course owners. Operators, or superintendents would be of interest to me.
Well the starter app for most folks is Drone Deploy. They've got a free 30 day trial and even without the Pro features, the mapping mission planning is free. With Drone Deploy it's easy to see how drones can play a big part on a golf course, especially the agronomy side. But I find that convincing the Golf Pros in the office is a tougher nut to crack.

Newton Ware, are you an Agronomist? In what way are you in the Golf business? I might have some information for you.

Hey man. Sorry for the delay. Business and personal gets tough sometimes.

I hesitate to call myself an agronomist, because my training and experience is in electrical and electronics. But I have spent the last 15 years as an outside sales rep to professional turf managers. I operated a LESCO Store On Wheels selling directly to golf course superintendents for several years, even when LESCO was sold to John Deere Golf, I continued in their role. After a few more years with JD Golf I was asked to help my current employer establish their Atlanta operation. And I have been an outside sales rep with them since 2009. I sell to golf courses, lawn care operators and some sports turf folks.

So call me what you want, but I am an older experienced hand in the turf world. I do business with Nationally known Golf courses such as East Lake Golf Club, home of the FedEx cup. And I am interested in putting my drone certification to work for myself. Any information that can help would be greatly appreciated. And I am even looking into a commercial drone set up with LIDAR if I can find the market. We have lots of corn, soy and cotton grown in this area too.

Reactions: Mike Nevins
Hey man. Sorry for the delay. Business and personal gets tough sometimes.

I hesitate to call myself an agronomist, because my training and experience is in electrical and electronics. But I have spent the last 15 years as an outside sales rep to professional turf managers. I operated a LESCO Store On Wheels selling directly to golf course superintendents for several years, even when LESCO was sold to John Deere Golf, I continued in their role. After a few more years with JD Golf I was asked to help my current employer establish their Atlanta operation. And I have been an outside sales rep with them since 2009. I sell to golf courses, lawn care operators and some sports turf folks.

So call me what you want, but I am an older experienced hand in the turf world. I do business with Nationally known Golf courses such as East Lake Golf Club, home of the FedEx cup. And I am interested in putting my drone certification to work for myself. Any information that can help would be greatly appreciated. And I am even looking into a commercial drone set up with LIDAR if I can find the market. We have lots of corn, soy and cotton grown in this area too.

Great. I wish I had your experience and skill at this moment in time. Anyway, I have just engaged a company called Dronifi. They make end-to-end solutions for both agriculture and Golf Turf management. There products are called FarmSolutions and TurfSolutions. Once you find them, the contact there is David Alamillo. He is their Chief Pilot of Operations. We are very excited to partner with them as they and their platform along with on staff agronomist (Provide prescriptions) will be invaluable. If you contact them (David), tell him that you got the information from me. Let me know what happens! Good Luck!

Thanks. I will pursue this. I actually provide the programs here in Georgia, Alabama and other areas I service.

I know that LESCO struggled in California because in order to sell a fungicide for example, you actually had to write a program, or prescription with every sale. With all kinds of certifications required for the sales rep. It is tough to be a doctor on a Fertilizer salesman’s pay, LOL!

I had an appointment with a guy from Drone Deploy Thursday before last. I thought he was supposed to call me. I waited two minutes past the appointment time and tried to call him. I got voice mail. Left a message. Never heard back. After 35 years in the customer service and sales field, I have very little tolerance for such behavior. So they took a big step back in my opinion.

Hey Drone Deploy! Are you listening?

Thanks for the info.

Thanks. I will pursue this. I actually provide the programs here in Georgia, Alabama and other areas I service.

I know that LESCO struggled in California because in order to sell a fungicide for example, you actually had to write a program, or prescription with every sale. With all kinds of certifications required for the sales rep. It is tough to be a doctor on a Fertilizer salesman’s pay, LOL!

I had an appointment with a guy from Drone Deploy Thursday before last. I thought he was supposed to call me. I waited two minutes past the appointment time and tried to call him. I got voice mail. Left a message. Never heard back. After 35 years in the customer service and sales field, I have very little tolerance for such behavior. So they took a big step back in my opinion.

Hey Drone Deploy! Are you listening?

Thanks for the info.

Hey, just os you know, you don't have to go through DD to use TurfSollutions. You can go direct. I know that they offer a limited service through DD, so, just go direct and take DD out of the loop. Mike

Great. I wish I had your experience and skill at this moment in time. Anyway, I have just engaged a company called Dronifi. They make end-to-end solutions for both agriculture and Golf Turf management. There products are called FarmSolutions and TurfSolutions. Once you find them, the contact there is David Alamillo. He is their Chief Pilot of Operations. We are very excited to partner with them as they and their platform along with on staff agronomist (Provide prescriptions) will be invaluable. If you contact them (David), tell him that you got the information from me. Let me know what happens! Good Luck!
If you have any contact info for this person please forward it to me. I tried to use their contact form on their website and it won’t load. Technology, gotta love it. Maybe it is a PICNIC (problem in chair not in computer) or an ID10T error. Who knows? But if you have info you can share I’d appreciate it.

If you have any contact info for this person please forward it to me. I tried to use their contact form on their website and it won’t load. Technology, gotta love it. Maybe it is a PICNIC (problem in chair not in computer) or an ID10T error. Who knows? But if you have info you can share I’d appreciate it.

Here it is: David Alamillo 805-953-2307, [email protected]

Hope this helps...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM