Join our growing community today!

Youtube - Optimization tips & links

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
DSAR Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure it was on this forum but anyway....

Last week (or maybe the week before) I ran across and read a thread where a couple of people were discussing various tips & tricks for optimizing YouTube videos and it included links and I think even a couple of APP suggestions too. For the life of me I can't locate the thread now and I have a half complete conversation going and I need to find that thread. So if you know which thread I'm talking about let me know.

In case it wasn't on this forum (I'm also posting this on Phantom Pilots) leave me a note here what you use for YouTube tag optimization and such.

TIA,
Allen

I've not seen that thread here, but I posted on the Yuneec forum a while back about this very topic.To get the most out of YouTube do not use the typical settings or any "youtube" preset found in many editors. A lot of the basic entry level type editors, squeeze the output far too much. Media Encoders like Adobe give you the ability to set each parameter to maximize the audio and video quality. Here is a link to the YouTube page with full details. Advanced Encoding As a rule of thumb export your video at as high a bit rate as possible.
Here is a list of the specifics.

Recommended bitrates, codecs, and resolutions, and more
Container: .mp4

• No Edit Lists (or you may lose AV sync)
  • moov atom at the front of the file (Fast Start)
Audio Codec: AAC-LC
  • Channels: Stereo or Stereo + 5.1
  • Sample rate 96khz or 48 khz
Video Codec: H.264
  • Progressive scan (no interlacing)
  • High Profile - 5.1
  • 2 consecutive B frames
  • Closed GOP. GOP of half the frame rate.
  • CABAC
  • Variable bitrate. No bitrate limit required
  • Color Space: 4.2.0

Great information for those that may have never seen this. There are far too many YouTube tutorials out there spreading information that NLE YouTube basic encoding settings are the best.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerardH143