Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

107 Pilot visiting Germany - Problems?

WJK

Reaction score
I have done a lot of web searching to see how much of a problem it would be to take my Mavic Pro into Germany. Not much either way. Nothing really definitive. I have traveled there many times, but never with a drone. Can anyone give me some help. I sure don't want to have to pay any taxes entering or leaving. Do you need sales receipts?

WJK

Reaction score
I have read that information. My concern is taking the drone into Germany and then returning with it. Has anyone flown through Frankfurt lately with a Mavic?

Thank you for your response.

Julius13

Reaction score
Went into Düsseldorf and out of Amsterdam last summer with no problem what so ever. Make sure you have a metal engraved I.D. Registration placed on the exterior of your aircraft.

WJK

Reaction score
I have a printed black letter on white p-touch label on the exterior of my Mavic. It has the commercial aircraft # on it. I have never heard of metal engraved ID registrations.

BigAl07

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a printed black letter on white p-touch label on the exterior of my Mavic. It has the commercial aircraft # on it. I have never heard of metal engraved ID registrations.

I've heard of a few countries requiring this "Metal" plate. I don't have any sources to link from but I've read it several times as of recent.

WJK

Reaction score
I am working on getting a couple made for me. In conversations with Etsy.com at the moment. I will probably get a couple made up. I got a price of $8.24 for 4ea plus $2.99 shipping. I went ahead and ordered. I will report on the product when I receive it.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07

Julius13

Reaction score
It’s a fact. Has to be fireproof. You must have insurance as well. Doesn’t state you have to have proof of insurance but when flying in a foreign country it’s better to have everything in order. Specific rules about flying with audio/visual equipment and language about flying over private property and having to have consent from property occupant.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbd