Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

2 Way Radio handheld Receives

Im well aware of that. However, in the case of a fly away, there will be constant contact. I'm always thinking of what can go wrong, will go wrong. So I want a radio that can give me more than the range i'm flying, and keep me in contact with my ppl.

I guess I need to ask a question. Do you want a radio with aviation frequencies or just one to talk to you observer?
Reason I ask is I just got this authorization and I need ATC communications.
That is the normal departure runway for McClellan airport in Sacramento, CA.
I got a 200 AGL approval from LAANC so I definitely need to know if they have any heavies departing so I can land and avoid the wake turbulence.

Speaking of that, LAANC is really getting faster and getting approvals out.
1623684150986.png

I just picked up the GXT for use with VO. Plus weather updates to the second.

I use Midland X-talkers, which are inexpensive, need no license, and seem to be fine. Helpful if I'm shooting a cyclist, people in a boat, etc., so we can communicate about what I need them to do...
I presume you're using a rifle scope to shoot the cyclist and people in the boat?

I guess I need to ask a question. Do you want a radio with aviation frequencies or just one to talk to you observer?
Reason I ask is I just got this authorization and I need ATC communications.
That is the normal departure runway for McClellan airport in Sacramento, CA.
I got a 200 AGL approval from LAANC so I definitely need to know if they have any heavies departing so I can land and avoid the wake turbulence.
I'm not sure aviation frequencies are available on the same unit as ground-based, VO-style two-way radios? For communication with ATS, and as backup in the air, I use an iCom A25C.

I'm not sure aviation frequencies are available on the same unit as ground-based, VO-style two-way radios? For communication with ATS, and as backup in the air, I use an iCom A25C.
No they are not. The inexpensive radios do not have ATC frequencies.

Reactions: R Martin

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM