Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Tennessee Drone Services

Reaction score
I utlize Phantom 4 Pro Plus drones in my business. I also utilize Mavic AIr drones as backups for travel. The Mavic Air will build a 360 Sphere pano image that I can then take an either upload to Skypixel or edit the elongated pano in Photoshop and export. The Mavic Air utilizes my Pixel 2 phone- the Phantom 4 pro Plus utilizes the built in screen.

However, with the Phantom 4 Pro Plus I took some Sphere panoramas, but I am having the most difficult time pulling those from my Plus controller or SD card. The SD card shows the individual photos and a very small jpg photo of the full sphere pano. I'm also having difficulty finding step by step instructions on how to make a tiny planet pano from my 4 pro plus. Again, this is not the 4 pro controller, but the 4 pro plus.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I don't mind going outside of DJI, I just assumed I was missing something as this is easily and consistently done in the Mavic Air. I'll also try on the non plus model and see if it does it on there. Thanks for the software list.

I don't have a MA and I run an older version of GO and FW on my p4p (non-plus) so I have no experience with the pano feature in GO 4.

Looking at the release notes, you need a minimum of:

Craft FW V 01.05.0300
Phantom 4 Pro+ Remote Controller Firmware : V 1.2.2.0
DJI GO 4 App iOS : V 4.1.20 DJI
GO 4 App Android : V 4.1.18

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4_pro/20180308/Phantom_4_Pro_Release_Notes_EN.pdf

If you have at least those versions, I guess it should be available.

Last edited:
I appreciate the response, but what I was looking for is specific to the Phantom 4 pro PLUS drone (or crystal sky). For any others who might be looking for what I was, I figured out how to do it. I'll include the steps below:

Have your Phantom 4 Pro Plus do a Sphere panorama from the photo camera option (where you select single photo, pano, etc.).
Download Microsoft ICE (free): https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/ ... e-composite-editor/
Download the images from your SD card from the drone (not the controller). They should be here: [drive letter]:\DCIM\PANORAMA\[folder name such as 100_0006]
Inside you should find both dng files as well as jpg. Filter by *.dng
Select all the dng files and drag them into Microsoft ICE on tab 1 labeled IMPORT
Once they are there, click the 2 tab labeled STITCH (no need to change any settings)
Once they finish stitching and compositing choose Stereographic on the right hand side.
Within the grid pattern, click and hold on the Y axis and drag up or down depending on the effect you are going for (either the ground being the world, or the world having a "sky hole" in it.
You can also rotate the image by clicking and holding near the outside corner of the grid and dragging the image to keep the focus area where you want it.
Click the 3 tab CROP and crop it how you want it.
Click the 4 tab and EXPORT it. I'd export to tiff so you don't lose quality bringing it back into lightroom or photoshop so you can adjust lighting/color, etc. I'd make the scale like 97 percent or so to keep it a large file. If you are just posting to social media, you can make this much smaller.

Where I was getting confused was I didn't realize you actually had to click and drag the image up or down to get the effect. I thought it would just "make" a tiny planet when selecting stereographic. Now that I know, it's easy- I just didn't know. I hope that others find this helpful.
smile.gif

I don't think that is specific to the plus at all. But glad you got is figured out anyway! ;)

It may not be, but the Mavic Air does not exhibit this behavior (or lack the feature). I've yet to test it on the 4 pro (non plus model). I assumed it was tied to the crystal sky monitor .Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM