Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

About those mysterious drones flying over several states

This pretty much sums it up. You also have to listen to the narrative so turn on the sound:

I'm all in favor of the benefit of LEOIS but I'm not sure seeing that every night, only on a much much larger scale, is worth it. :(

I guess I"m old fashoned in liking the natural sky. A satellite here and there is not so bad but between Space X and Amazon, it's going to change.

Reactions: BigAl07 and AMann
I'm all in favor of the benefit of LEOIS but I'm not sure seeing that every night, only on a much much larger scale, is worth it. :(

I guess I"m old fashoned in liking the natural sky. A satellite here and there is not so bad but between Space X and Amazon, it's going to change.

I like doing astrophotography and it is going to totally ruin that as well.:mad:

I like doing astrophotography and it is going to totally ruin that as well.:mad:

I'm glad I'm not the only one to think like this. I detest seeing that every night. Ruins it totally for me. Maybe this is the new world we live in now

Per this article they will be less visible - CLICK HERE to read full article

SpaceX Just Launched a Fleet of Starlink Satellites. Here's How to Spot Them in the Sky.

"Once the satellites reach their operational altitude of 550 km and begin on-station service, their orientation changes and the satellites become significantly less visible from the ground," SpaceX representatives wrote in the mission description.

Per this article they will be less visible - CLICK HERE to read full article

The satellite trains have already started interfering with astronomers. In response, Musk is testing out a darker finish.

The fact is, nobody really knows what the impact to the night sky will be. Of course Space X and Amazon will say it will be minimal. But when they all get up there, we'll get what we get. They are not going to bring them back down no matter how much visual interference there is. That's just the way it seems to work.

After the first Starlink batch of 60 was launched in May and the second in November, astronomers complained how the bright satellite chain was hampering their observations. In response, SpaceX came up with a darkening treatment to lessen reflectivity. The coating is being tested on one of the newly launched satellites.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerardH143