Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

After passing the 107 exam

Aerial-FX

Reaction score
Hey guys I took the 107 exam and passed on April 11. How long does it take for the test results to show up in the data base so I can continue the registration process on IACRA? I have the process started but when I enter the test ID number and search its not finding it.

well I just completed the application on IACRA. Took 2 days and several hours for the test results to show up in their data base. Hopefully in 7 days I should receive a temporary certificate.

I passed the exam on 2/7/19. 2 days later I filled out my application on IACRA. 5 days later my temporary was available to print. My hard card arrived 4/1/2019.

If you’re wondering where they are at processing, go here:

Airman Certification Status

Look st the first bullet point in the “News and Highlights” box at the top.

Reactions: AcesFull
I took mine on the 10th. It showed up about 5pm on Friday. Due to the weekend you should see it Monday.

I sat and passed the exam on a Friday. Saturday afternoon IACRA had my info. I filled out everything. The temp cert was available shortly thereafter. The bummer is the Cetificate No. box says 'Pending'. I guess we have to wait for the card to arrive in the mail to have an actual Cert#. I suppose we could fly commercially for our own clients if we had any, but signing up for things like Dronebase seems not to be possible without the #.

When I get a contract job in my other career, a background check takes roughly 3 days. We're dealing with the federal government here though, so who knows.

According to Fred Garvin's link above (thank for that Fred) they are now processing roughly March 14th exams. That was a month ago. Makes more sense why we read that it takes at least 6 weeks to get the card.

Reactions: Fred Garvin
No, you don't. The temp cert is all you need to be legal to fly. Keep checking IACRA every couple of days. Pretty soon you will see a certificate number show up on the bottom. The actual card will come a few weeks later.

^^^^^This ^^^^^

IACRA had my certificate status, rating and number about 2 weeks before my hard card arrived. It’ll be a new section below the application box with a rating tab as well. Just keep checking!

I noticed when I printed out the temporary cert, that the cert number had pending on it. Will there be another temp cert coming soon with the actual cert number on it?

I noticed when I printed out the temporary cert, that the cert number had pending on it. Will there be another temp cert coming soon with the actual cert number on it?
You will see another block below the "Your Existing Applications" block in IACRA when they process your information. The new "Additional Information" block will list your new licence and your certificate number. You will get your hard copy about five days later in the mail.

Is the renewal test easier or harder than the first ?
I need to renew but how much study do I need ?

When I renewed a couple months ago the renewal test was 40 questions (versus 60 for the original.) So the renewal test is at least a little shorter. I thought the questions were similar in difficulty, but tuned a little better towards what part 107 pilots need to know. I found an excellent (free) youtube video that reviewed the important material and watched that through twice as my primary study material this time around:
There are other excellent online courses available for purchase, and I know people who have just download and studied the FAA 80-something page pdf and passed the test. I did the gold seal course 2-something years ago. Oh, and I think 3dr (3d robotics) has some practice tests on their web site you can take.
Both times I took the test (studying with the paid course and studying with the free youtube video) I passed with good scores. So I think the most important thing is to find a study source that you trust and works for you. I think it's important to take some practice tests so you can go into the test feeling confident you know the material. Also if they ask any variant of any question about who is responsible for the flight ... it is you, the part 107 pilot in command ... they asked that about 5 different ways.
Good luck!

It took nearly a week for my test number to be accepted. Just a couple of days for my temp license to be downloaded.

I tested on Feb 22. Just received my “card” last week, April 17.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM