Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Any SkyGrid opinions?

manutter51

Reaction score
I just had a video pop up in my YouTube feed about SkyGrid, which I had never heard of before. Searching for videos and blog posts turns up mostly videos by the SkyGrid team themselves, plus a few basically press releases about their main product coming out (and how they combine multiple drone-related functions in a single app, including LAANC, mapping missions, computer-vision/AI, and blockchain). But there's nothing by people who actually used it or had any experience with it. Also I spent some time browsing their web site and they're really keen to tell everyone all the cool stuff it can do, but nothing that I could see about how much it actually costs. So I'm just curious if there's anyone here who has actually tried the app and has any opinions good or bad about whether it's worth exploring further?

They were promoting it awhile back. A few used it and it was buggy. They are probably trying to set themselves up in the UTM market.

As a computer guy in my daylight incarnation, I have to admit my BS detector went off when they started talking about how great it was that their app was using blockchain to record flight data "immutably," as if somebody was having problems with their flight logs being altered after the fact.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM