Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Any way to disable DJI Knowledge Test?

RNCotton

Reaction score
Website
www.rogercotton.com
We were doing some dual-drone test flights inside the FedEx Forum the other day (high-line rescue training, using drones to carry the pull-rope to later be used to pull the rescue line ... you know, boring stuff). No sooner did I get everything fired up, the DJI app popped up and forced me to take a 9 question exam. This is the 2nd or 3rd time it has done it.

This time it was just delaying some training exercise. But what if I'm on a fire scene and Chief is barking at me to get the drone up so he can see other side of the structure? I'm supposed to just say, "Hang on, Chief ... I have to take an exam before I can fly." ???

That crap needs to go.

Did you take the test and pass it? I took it months ago and it has never popped up again if on the same user account. We switched accounts last week while I was teaching and the new account required it but once the student took it, it went away at least for the next 4 days of class.

...But what if I'm on a fire scene and Chief is barking at me to get the drone up so he can see other side of the structure? I'm supposed to just say, "Hang on, Chief ... I have to take an exam before I can fly." ???

That crap needs to go.

A) You need to have a word with your Chief about operating an AIRCRAFT.
B) Ultimately you are the PILOT IN COMMAND and it's YOUR responsibility to fly the aircraft when and ONLY when you are completely ready and comfortable.
C) Don't let your desire to prove the technology and help someone else override your own judgement and ability to make good decisions. The "I gotta fly" mindset will cause an accident quicker than anything else I can think of except sabotage.
D) Ever use Litchi? What about some of the other "Public Safety" type of flight aps? DJI Go is not what I would use for my flights especially if I was working for a Public Safety Org.

Keep in mind that our sUAS are just another tool in the bag of Emergency Services and not the End-All for E/S. There will be times when you won't be able to fly because of unforeseen errors, updates, mechanical malfunctions, weather, stress, fatigue and the list goes on and on and on. You've got to teach those around you that this is still AVIATION and when dealing with AVIATION we operate with the utmost of level of safety and precaution and no degree of screaming/yelling/ranting is going to help in the least. There will be times you can NOT get into the air and it's just how it goes.

Now before someones gets all half-cocked and says, "You don't know what it's like to be onscene and in that situation".... I can assure you I DO know exactly what that's like. I do this on a local and state level and I know what it's like to tell the IC "Sorry boss... this bird is grounded right now because......"

If it's a situation where you have already taken and pass it in the past and it keeps presenting it anew, I would contact DJI directly (on their forum or their FB page) and consult with them about how to stop the repeat requests after a completed test.

Thanks.

Yes, I have taken it three times now. Every few months, it seems to pop up again. The first couple of times, you can skip it, but eventually it locks you down until you take it. It's an annoyance more than anything else. It's just 9 questions, and takes about 10 seconds per question to read and answer. So it's a 90 second annoyance that I shouldn't have to deal with. If the FAA trusts me with the aircraft, why does some DJI lawyer in China care?

As for Litchi as Al suggested, not an option. For now, the powers at be are requiring us to use DJI app only with our DJI birds. It's a warranty / DJI Care Refresh thing.

That is strange, our company doesn't want me to use anything but Litchi and Drone Deploy. They have branches all over the US and over seas and are basically fed up with DJI apps.

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
B0054890