Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Best Drone Insurance

The best benefit with using SkyWatch for me has been that they provide me liability insurance no matter which drone in my fleet I happen to be flying (under 55lbs).
The biggest scam with insurance, not limited to uas, is that they want a premium for each drone you fly, even if you only fly one at a time. Their only argument to back up this scam is that they also do that same scam for auto insurance, lol. They seem to think that because they have been getting away with it for decades, that makes it right.

It looks like SkyWatch is now moving to the scam model on monthly and annual policies, but the hourly is still open to whatever drone you happen to be using.

Charging the fee based upon the drone in the fleet with the highest potential liability if fair, but don't charge me for all the drones that are sitting on the shelf and at zero risk for causing damage, duh.

I just switched my business insurance due to them not covering drone liability. I own a real estate photography company and carried 1 mil/2 mil in general liability and also have professional liability and E&O with HisCox for around $650 a year. I switched to The Hartford and increased my limits to 2 mil/4 mil AND added drone liability for a total of $750 a year. My drone itself is insured along with all of my other gear with Nationwide on a separate policy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerardH143