Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Calling all Phantom pilots

Maddog

Reaction score
As some of you know, I'm in the process of adapting my Brite Lite anti-collision lighting system for use on other drones including the Phantom series.
The below ad is for the 3DR Solo, which is what i originally designed it for.

Brite Lite Ad.jpg IMG_3348.JPG IMG_3349.JPG IMG_3350.JPG

I don't own a Phantom and don't know anything about them so I'm asking for your input on the best place for mounting.

The new controller I'm working on is about 50 mm x 50 mm x 15 mm high. I cant make it any smaller but i could make it rectangular instead of square. The battery is a separate issue and will plug into the controller.

The top would be a great place for mounting using VHB tape as it would make it easy to run the led wiring down to a mounting point on each leg. But what about the battery?

Perhaps mounting the controller on one rear leg and the battery on the other? (Just thinking about balance).

I have re-engineered the system so it can be operated off a single 3s or 4s lipo. In testing a 450 mAh 3s lipo ran it for over an hour using 3W white leds. The smallest 4s i had available was a 1050 mAh which ran for over an hour using the brighter 5W white leds, which require more voltage that is available from a 3s.
The 3s i used is about 45 mm x 23 mm x 20 mm thick, so very small and lightweight.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boduku