Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!
It sounds like you have hired Super Man! That's very impressive to say the least.
The Cell tower inspections depend on the type of towers you are flying. I have only experienced 4 different types. There are a lot more out there, I just have not been tasked with them yet. Monopoles, Self Supporting Towers, Guide Wire Towers, and Power Line Structure Towers, are what I have experience on. The Monopoles Towers are the easiest to inspect. Depending on the surrounding obstacles, (trees, power lines, other towers, buildings, etc...) you can completely inspect a tower in about 1 hour if you really work fast. The Guide wire tower can take much longer, depending on the shoot list. I have done 7 monopole Towers in one day. But I must stress the slower the better quality you will come out with. The weather and sun location can also effect your total time.

Other than microwave antennas, are there any other elements commonly found on cell towers that can swamp the control signal on the uas?

@Florida Drone Supply Do you have any information available about the training courses you are related to? Thanks.
Sure we do...and happy to share anything we can with you.

We are currently taking over the training that is being provided in AL by our software partner who wrote the flight profiles and interfaces the data directly to AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, etc. We expect to begin the training process at our location in FL beginning in early March.

We are also preparing training for our pilots who want to fly for golf courses as part of our turf management solution. That is also going to be starting up sometime in March. We are making our arrangements with local golf courses that we fly for to make sure we are able to bring pilots in training out on the courses.

We had a couple pilots go through some power company training in VA a couple weeks ago and they begin a 90 day contract at the beginning of March to inspect a large number of power poles and the equipment on them. This is scheduled to turn into a multi year assignment after the first 90 days are completed.

We are also working on some larger mapping, road inspection and some thermal imaging contracts that we will be able to share more details about soon. These will require some specific higher end equipment (XT Thermal Cameras for example) - but we are planning a large group purchase for our pilots to help save them some money on these items.

If you (or anyone) are interested in flying and training with us, please join our pilot network. We have lots of opportunities opening up across the country over the course of the next month or two which include all the things I mentioned above as well as several I can not talk about yet.

Here is the link:
Pilot Network Registration

Thanks!

Michael

The Cell tower inspections depend on the type of towers you are flying. I have only experienced 4 different types. There are a lot more out there, I just have not been tasked with them yet. Monopoles, Self Supporting Towers, Guide Wire Towers, and Power Line Structure Towers, are what I have experience on. The Monopoles Towers are the easiest to inspect. Depending on the surrounding obstacles, (trees, power lines, other towers, buildings, etc...) you can completely inspect a tower in about 1 hour if you really work fast. The Guide wire tower can take much longer, depending on the shoot list. I have done 7 monopole Towers in one day. But I must stress the slower the better quality you will come out with. The weather and sun location can also effect your total time.
Thanks Dwayne...appreciate the great work and sharing the experience!

We should connect tomorrow or sometime soon if you are free...I'll send you an email shortly.

Michael

Hey Michael, I signed on to your network. Will you send out information on your training opportunities? I'm about as far from you as can be and still be in the US, NW Washington. But it would be great to hear about what you have going on.

Hey Michael, I signed on to your network. Will you send out information on your training opportunities? I'm about as far from you as can be and still be in the US, NW Washington. But it would be great to hear about what you have going on.

This is Jim, Michael and I both post for FDS. I have your number and will contact you shortly.

It was nice to speak with you tonight and am glad we now have an open line of communication.

As I am glad that the forum also serves to give us a chance to take jobs. Even if I'm caught a little far away,,,,,, :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Can anyone confirm the correct identification of these components in the attached image.

Thanks

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 10
Cell tower drone training for cell tower audits, safety, inspections

I had actually reached out to them. I received a reply from the owner with questions as if she didn't read my email at all. I replied with more detailed questions and heard nothing back. I get the impression they are not really up to speed on uas yet. They didn't seem to know what I was talking about even though it is the subject of that link like maybe the webmaster is trying to drive business but they don't actually do that yet... dunno.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shook DroneWorks LLC