Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Clients wants aerial Real Estate pics for $1.42 each

I understand your point, but your mileage costs are not reasonable, especially for an economy car (which is all that is necessary to haul a drone).

Many courier services charge 75 cents per mile (round trip miles) for using a car, and that pays for the maintenance, overhead, profit, and a wage for the driver.

I figure my Toyota Corolla costs to be about 23 cents per mile.

I couldn't find any AAA figures for individual vehicles. I did find average costs which includes luxury cars and low gas mileage vehicles.

I would not do a $20 job even for my next door neighbor. But for me a 20 mile round trip would cost about $5.00.

0.12 cents a mile baby....

Where did you get that figure? (I don't doubt you, just asking). Is that including depreciation?

Where did you get that figure? (I don't doubt you, just asking). Is that including depreciation?
That is based upon the 8 gallons a month I use in my commute each day (yes, 8 gallons for a month of driving). I don't use my personal vehicle for business. It does not have the hauling capacity to field what I need to carry around.

Gotta live hybrid and electric vehicle owners. If they think buying multirotor batteries is expensive, wait until they see the bill for replacing the ones in their cars, not to mention the ecological impacts that permit them to be made and disposed.

Reactions: AH-1G and BigAl07
I think the only thing we as an industry can do is ignore those postings. It's low-hanging fruit for the neighborhood hobbyist who doesn't care about Part 107 rules if the realtor doesn't care. Nothing else we do is going to convince realtors to spend more money on aerials because they can always sell a property without them. In my opinion, the only way that industry is going to change is if the FAA cracks down on them for using a non-107 operator for their photos -- but I doubt the FAA cares to investigate realtors.

Companies like Dronebase just want to provide a service and take a cut and are willing to just sit back and see how the industry develops, IMO. Takes no real effort on their part and they make money from it.

Dronebase is Dronebase so we need to acknowledge all are not created equal. To be fair, creating a drone services network involves a tremendous amount of work even if not equivalent to its competitors.

Squaredronenetworks.com offers not only services to businesses but also training, opportunities for advancement and support to our pilots. While Part 107 is difficult, it doesn't have a thing on RPAS law in Canada. That is where services like squaredronenetworks.com are a step above the competition in that we are looking to ensure our pilots are qualified, properly insured and getting paid a fair wage for their services.

Dronebase is Dronebase so we need to acknowledge all are not created equal. To be fair, creating a drone services network involves a tremendous amount of work even if not equivalent to its competitors.

Squaredronenetworks.com offers not only services to businesses but also training, opportunities for advancement and support to our pilots. While Part 107 is difficult, it doesn't have a thing on RPAS law in Canada. That is where services like squaredronenetworks.com are a step above the competition in that we are looking to ensure our pilots are qualified, properly insured and getting paid a fair wage for their services.

You say it requires a lot of work, what hang your shingle out there, do some marketing, and then look for pilots. What am I missing here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaklein91