Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Cinesky

Reaction score
Website
www.cinematicsky.co.uk
Hi guys, I just wanted to share a promo video with you that I made recently for a client. I was hired to document a project by 3 large construction, gas and drilling companies (joint project). I happened to be passing the site one day and saw that work was starting and contacted the firm. A few weeks later i was having a meeting with them to chat about what i could offer and shortly after i got the gig and started work. In total it was 5 days filming (aerial and ground) spread out over a few months. The project went well and they were delighted with the video so applied for the Irish Construction Awards and won! They told me that the video definitely helped showcase what they did and have already talked about getting me back for their next big project in a few months time. Just goes to show what keeping an eye out and being proactive in getting in touch with companies can lead to!
For those interested, you can view the video on my website HERE.
Cheers,
Tony

Nice work! Can you tell us what equipment you used for the ground and aerial shots?
Thanks! Phantom 4 Pro for all the aerial shots and my gh5 for anything on the ground - all handheld with either the 12-35mm panasonic lens or my 85mm. I should also mention that the 3d animations were not done by me, I have a fantastic animator who I outsource that kind of work to

Reactions: SanCap
Thanks! Phantom 4 Pro for all the aerial shots and my gh5 for anything on the ground - all handheld with either the 12-35mm panasonic lens or my 85mm. I should also mention that the 3d animations were not done by me, I have a fantastic animator who I outsource that kind of work to

Well done and nice choice of animators.

Reactions: Cinesky
Excellent work.

Those animations were the best I've ever seen "outsourced". We've used a few different ones and have yet to find anyone that can produce the type of product you've created. Well done!!

Hi guys, I just wanted to share a promo video with you that I made recently for a client. I was hired to document a project by 3 large construction, gas and drilling companies (joint project). I happened to be passing the site one day and saw that work was starting and contacted the firm. A few weeks later i was having a meeting with them to chat about what i could offer and shortly after i got the gig and started work. In total it was 5 days filming (aerial and ground) spread out over a few months. The project went well and they were delighted with the video so applied for the Irish Construction Awards and won! They told me that the video definitely helped showcase what they did and have already talked about getting me back for their next big project in a few months time. Just goes to show what keeping an eye out and being proactive in getting in touch with companies can lead to!
For those interested, you can view the video on my website HERE.
Cheers,
Tony
That's great! The time-lapse is legit.

Reactions: Cinesky
I have a Balfour Beatty project in progress in my area, I submitted an application to work for them (Site safety) position, still waiting to hear back from them.

Outstanding video!!!

I also like the clean design of your website. To the points about what is offered, with enough examples to illustrate possibilities. As others have commented, you are fortunate to have a contact who can do advanced video editing, since getting raw video clips, still images and time-lapse sequences in the field is often the least time-consuming part of a job.

"Drone Videos", "Drone Photography", and I would not be surprised if you eventually add high-accuracy, pre-development Drone Geospatial Property Modeling, or Drone Construction Progress Monitoring.

I also like the clean design of your website. To the points about what is offered, with enough examples to illustrate possibilities. As others have commented, you are fortunate to have a contact who can do advanced video editing, since getting raw video clips, still images and time-lapse sequences in the field is often the least time-consuming part of a job.

"Drone Videos", "Drone Photography", and I would not be surprised if you eventually add high-accuracy, pre-development Drone Geospatial Property Modeling, or Drone Construction Progress Monitoring.

Thanks! I made the website with squarespace, all click and drag, very simple to do. The photo and video editing/animated txt etc are all done by me, it's just the advanced 3d animations that I outsource but in saying that I would love to get to the point where I could outsource the majority of the editing side of things as its the drone activities I enjoy most about the job.

In an ideal world I would do no editing and only operate the drone but I'm not sure if I'll ever truly be able to do that. I'm based in N.Ireland and there's not a huge amount of work out there but who knows. This year I'm definitely going to start looking at more survey-based drone aciltivities to compliment the cinematography type work. I'm hoping to learn more about that side of things from fellow members here.
Thanks and good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM