Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Dji inspire or p4p yuneec typhoon h plus Which one?

Mark Stewart

Reaction score
Website
hiflyinspections.com
Hi I am waiting for the yuneec typhoon h plus to come out with the 20 mp camera on it (E90 I think) I like the idea of multi rotor plus, I have heard so many horror stories about the p4p cracks falling out the sky, and now Geo fencing issues. (not the inspire). I am torn as to which bird to buy. Thinking maybe Inspire 1 with a Z3 or X5. Also how does the Inspire 1 with X5 compare to the p4p and its camera. Cant go for a dji multi rotor at the moment out of my price range (just starting out). Done a couple of roof inspections so far and may get some real estate. This is the work I am starting out with but hoping to move into construction and maybe mapping. My bird at the moment is a Dji phantom 3 4k. Looking to upgrade $2000 budget or there about.

Any help ideas would be appreciated .

Last edited:
Reactions: Taosi
I have the Phantom 4P4 and I fly the Inspire 2 for the company I work for. 2k budget won't do it on the inspire. Remember you will also need additional batteries. Inspire is about 350 a pair and Phantom 150. As for camera quality the Inspire has the X5 and it is awesome, but the 4P delivers great photos. The inspire is more stable in windy conditions especially if you are shooting video.
I recently took the Phantom and the Inspire out and shot a few pictures of the same thing with both, and I couldn't see the difference between the two pictures unless I really zoomed in then the X5 gave better resolution.
I do a lot of panos for the construction company I"m working with and I can really tell the quality difference between the two when it comes to panos and blowing them up.

Reactions: SellingTheAcres
Hi I am waiting for the yuneec typhoon h plus to come out with the 20 mp camera on it (E90 I think) I like the idea of multi rotor plus, I have heard so many horror stories about the p4p cracks falling out the sky, and now Geo fencing issues. (not the inspire). I am torn as to which bird to buy. Thinking maybe Inspire 1 with a Z3 or X5. Also how does the Inspire 1 with X5 compare to the p4p and its camera. Cant go for a dji multi rotor at the moment out of my price range (just starting out). Done a couple of roof inspections so far and may get some real estate. This is the work I am starting out with but hoping to move into construction and maybe mapping. My bird at the moment is a Dji phantom 3 4k. Looking to upgrade $2000 budget or there about.
You need to work out what you want/need.
The Inspire has some advantages but the trade-off is easy portability and battery cost.
If you are considering the older Inspire 1, flight time is also an issue.
That's better with the I2 but it costs a lot more.
If you are looking to go commercial, the Z3 camera is not the way to go.
You may as well stick with what you have as the Z3 isn't much better.
The P4 pro is a real workhorse and the best general purpose machine for most uses.
Ignore the "horror stories". Concentrate on the huge number of fliers having no issues and using these machines to get great results.

For one thing your budget is a bit on the "shy" side. I was teaching a dept recently that has the new H520 and once they had bought the aircraft, support equipment (chargers, batteries, secure case, camera etc) they had almost $5K invested and that's not including the IR camera.

Our dept is actually looking at this unit for our SAR work but time will tell . . .

The Typhoon H Plus might be a good pick up. The speculated price is around $1,800. You will need additional batteries, but that is pretty close to your budget.

I currently fly the Typhoon H Pro. The ST-16 controller is a really good piece of kit. The Hex is a stable flyer, especially in the wind. It has the CGO3+camera, with video quality comparable to the P4A. The C23 camera with the Typhoon H plus will be comparable (spec wise) to the P4P.

Amazon is selling the Typhoon H refurbished for $399 right now.

https://www.amazon.com/Yuneec-Typho...&sr=8-1&keywords=yuneec+typhoon+h+refurbished

The Typhoon H Plus might be a good pick up.
The C23 camera with the Typhoon H plus will be comparable (spec wise) to the P4P.
It might be .. or it might not be.
It was announced at the start of the year but still is not available so no-one knows how good/bad it might be.
Users have been disappointed with the 520H and it's cameras.
The specs for the plus suggest the well proven P4 pro offers a lot more as well as being available and a known quantity.
Moving from Inspire 2 to H520. Have I made a mistake?
YUNEEC Typhoon H Plus | Specs - Yuneec

Thank you all for the imput
You need to work out what you want/need.
The Inspire has some advantages but the trade-off is easy portability and battery cost.
If you are considering the older Inspire 1, flight time is also an issue.
That's better with the I2 but it costs a lot more.
If you are looking to go commercial, the Z3 camera is not the way to go.
You may as well stick with what you have as the Z3 isn't much better.
The P4 pro is a real workhorse and the best general purpose machine for most uses.
Ignore the "horror stories". Concentrate on the huge number of fliers having no issues and using these machines to get great results.
What is the difference on the flight time between p4p and inspire 1?
Thank you all for the input guys

I1 will get you up to 13 mins with X5 and 15 with X3 to about 25-39%. By that point you want to be back to your landing spot because of the lack of buffer. In comparison the P4P just seems to keep going and will fly for 25 mins with the high capacity batteries. As ever it depends how you fly. I treat my kit gently.

I1 will get you up to 13 mins with X5 and 15 with X3 to about 25-39%. By that point you want to be back to your landing spot because of the lack of buffer. In comparison the P4P just seems to keep going and will fly for 25 mins with the high capacity batteries. As ever it depends how you fly. I treat my kit gently.
wow really as low as that. was considering that route but no more Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rainy