Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Do I have to take Part 107 recurrent test before date on my card?

RickMC

Reaction score
The date on my Part 107 card is 9/6/2016, however I don’t think I can get the test in before that date for this year. As long as I don’t operate commercially between that date and before I eventually take the recurrent test, it shouldn’t matter right? Thanks!

The date on my Part 107 card is 9/6/2016, however I don’t think I can get the test in before that date for this year. As long as I don’t operate commercially between that date and before I eventually take the recurrent test, it shouldn’t matter right? Thanks!

You have until 9/30/18 to take and pass the recurrent test.

By the way, you might see a question like that on your test...;)

Ok thanks, why exactly that date and what happens if I don’t take it by then?

As a 107 pilot, you should know why 9/30 is critical -- look it up.

If you don't take it by then, your certificate, and therefore your authorization to fly, is expired.
Thanks, I figured it out. Found my original Airman Knowledge Test report. My test date was 9/1/16 but there’s an expiration date listed as 9/30/2018. Part 107 says the recurrent test must be taken every 24 calendar months, so why wouldn’t it expire 9/1/18? Does the month in which you take it not count towards the 24 months?

Has anyone taken the recurrent test? Does it cost the same as the initial ($150) and is it the same number of questions (40)?

Now let’s say I don’t take the recurrent test by the 9/30 expiration date on my AKT report, will I then I have to take the original 60 question test again?

I'm guessing that's a big yes, as you will lose your RPIC privileges. Here's a good person to ask these questions:

Steve Pansky/SAIC
Senior Aviation Analyst-AVS Safety Technical Services Support contract
Air Traffic and Public Safety/SAC-EC Liaison
Supporting Federal Aviation Administration Unmanned Aircraft
Systems Tactical Operations Section, AUS 430/AJV-115
Phone: 202-904-9400
Email: [email protected]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members